CMS Development

erg10
Participant

Marketplace Product License

Hello, 

Id like to create and sell website templates in the hubspot marketplace. I couldnt find any source which would state the license regulations for the marketplace items. What kind of license does the end-user get by buying a product from the marketplace? 

Can the end-user use the template for multiple clients or is it limited to only one use-case/client? 

Thank you in advance, 

Ergün

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jzilch
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, 

For a Template Provider we have this Knowledge Base Article

here. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/resources/what-are-the-submission-requirements-fo....

Most of the article speaks more about requirements for the templates to be published but at the bottom their is a disclaimer section which might help for the information you're looking for. 

0 Upvotes
erg10
Participant

Hello jzilch, 

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, that does not answer my questions. Id much rather know the details about the license the end user gets by purchasing our item from the marketplace.

Best, 

Ergün

0 Upvotes
jzilch
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

I spoke a bit more with our Marketplace team here and while we don't have an official doc created for licensing information, if you hover over the buy button in the template marketplace the details state that the purchase will be for one license for the current portal the template was purchased in. So if the same person is buying the template or module the purchase is really specific to the portal that they purchased the template in. 

marketplace_screenshot.png