CMS Development

TSygut4

Marketing templates bug.

SOLVE

Hi !

I've found bug with marketing templates. 

<!--
     templateType: email_backup_unsubscribe_page
     isAvailableForNewContent: true
     label: DE-CIX Email Unsubscribe
 -->
 {% extends "../layouts/base.html" %}
{% set header = "simple" %}
 {% block body %}
 <section class="test">
     {% module "email_backup_unsubscribe_page_template_backup_unsubscribe" path="@hubspot/email_simple_subscription" label="Backup Unsubscribe"
     header="Test" %}
 </section>
 {% endblock body %}

and preferences template 

<!--
 templateType: email_subscription_preferences_page
 isAvailableForNewContent: true
 label: DE-CIX Subscription Preferences
 -->
 {% extends "../layouts/base.html" %}
{% set header = "simple" %}
 {% block body %}
 <section class="email-pref bg-circles">
     <div class="container">
         {% module "email_subscription_preferences_page_template_subscription_preferences" path="@hubspot/email_subscriptions" label="Subscription Preferences"
         button_text="UPDATE NOW"
         %}
     </div>
     <div class="date-comp-name"><p>2023 DE-CIX</p></div>
 </section>
 <script src="/hs/hsstatic/SubscriptionPreferences/static-1.1/subscription_preferences_asset.js"></script>
 {% endblock body %}

Everything is set correctly: 

TSygut4_0-1680624729236.png

Now live page html: 

- Preferences.

TSygut4_1-1680624792430.png

and unsubscribe template

TSygut4_2-1680624850951.png

As you can see, in both cases page render preferences template html with bg-circles and email-prefs classes. I can't change title of unsubscribe page and layout, anything.If I'll add random text in preferences html, it will appear also in unsubscribe template. Am I dumb or it's badly programmed ?

https://26876334.hubspotpreview-eu1.com/_hcms/preview/email/65057322458?portalId=26876334&preview_ke...

You can test it in above link.

How can I make a completely different layout in unsubscribe template. If I can't why we need 3 email templates?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

Marketing templates bug.

SOLVE

The first thing I'd point out is that this appears to be a custom made template, so perhaps you should be reaching out to the developer of the theme.

Secondly, I honestly don't think you've found a bug. For one thing the labels of the templates you posted don't seem to match any of the templates you've selected in the Subscriptions settings.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
BarryGrennan
Solution
Top Contributor

Marketing templates bug.

SOLVE

The first thing I'd point out is that this appears to be a custom made template, so perhaps you should be reaching out to the developer of the theme.

Secondly, I honestly don't think you've found a bug. For one thing the labels of the templates you posted don't seem to match any of the templates you've selected in the Subscriptions settings.

profile2022aBarry Grennan

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer

Website | Contact | LinkedIn

0 Upvotes