CMS Development

sarah-knowmad
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Many dynamic pages getting creating out of HubDB

SOLVE
I am running into some issues with HubDB dynamic tables. We have multiple HubDB tables that are interconnected using foreign ID's that are dynamically creating pages. We have tables for product listings and tables for subcategories that are tagged to the products. This is a fairly large database and I recently found thousands of pages getting dynamically created through HubDB, that don't exist, or are not connected. I'm not a developer, but I'm going to try to explain what I am seeing.

To provide an example, if you search for "clean room doors" on this site,(http://doorsystems-7014622-hs-sites-com.sandbox.hs-sites.com/hs-search-results?term=clean+room+doors...) only 1 page should appear, since there is only 1 product in the database called "Clean Room Doors"  (here - http://doorsystems-7014622-hs-sites-com.sandbox.hs-sites.com/commercial-detail/cleanroom-doors) but come to find about a thousand search results, most of which are going to random subcategory pages with the Clean Room Doors URL afterwards (though clean room doors is ONLY tagged to 1 sub category, not the random results that you see in the search). It is creating a page for every possible record in HubDB below that product. From the looks of it, these are all actual pages that would be indexed - which is the big concern.

For example, to show this visually - I went into a page to do a hyperlink to this clean room doors specific product and found 1,201 results (on site) for this term. It is creating a page under every possible connection in HubDB.

Can anyone point to what may be happening here?
2 Accepted solutions
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi  @sarah-knowmad

could you please provide the source code of the hubdb module?

Possible issues might be:

• An issue with a for-loop somewhere in the module which displays the hubdb "function"
  • the queryparam might be configured false since the search displays result for every word and not the whole input .It's like googling for clean room doors and "clean room doors" (with or without quotation marks)
  • maybe something is wrong in the hubdb

(thanks @dennisedson for linking)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@sarah-knowmad I've run into a similiar problem with categories showing duplicate results and ended up adding the following to the search form to disable all categories from displaying from the search results:

<input type="hidden" name="pathPrefix" value="/products/categories">
<input type="hidden" name="matchPrefix" value="false">

It's not exactly a fix for the underlying issue but it fixed the problem with search results since we wanted to only show products  and not categories anyway.

My guess as to what's going on... Maybe there are multiple "Site Pages" created that are linking to the same HubDB table in addition to the dynamic child table pages?

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
waiting998

SOLVE

Have you solved this problem?

I have also encountered this problem, and now I urgently need to solve it.

If it's solved, can you share the solution? Thank you!

Anton
Solution

SOLVE

Hi  @sarah-knowmad

could you please provide the source code of the hubdb module?

Possible issues might be:

• An issue with a for-loop somewhere in the module which displays the hubdb "function"
  • the queryparam might be configured false since the search displays result for every word and not the whole input .It's like googling for clean room doors and "clean room doors" (with or without quotation marks)
  • maybe something is wrong in the hubdb

(thanks @dennisedson for linking)

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @sarah-knowmad ,

Thanks for posting. 

@stefen , @Anton do you guys have any idea of what is going on here?

0 Upvotes
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@sarah-knowmad I've run into a similiar problem with categories showing duplicate results and ended up adding the following to the search form to disable all categories from displaying from the search results:

<input type="hidden" name="pathPrefix" value="/products/categories">
<input type="hidden" name="matchPrefix" value="false">

It's not exactly a fix for the underlying issue but it fixed the problem with search results since we wanted to only show products  and not categories anyway.

My guess as to what's going on... Maybe there are multiple "Site Pages" created that are linking to the same HubDB table in addition to the dynamic child table pages?

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer