CMS Development

smondeau
Participante

Manually setting the email on a link to a web page

resolver

I am banging my head against the wall on this one. I have a situation where I am sending out an email that contains a link to a landing page and I need to make sure that landing page knows who that person is everytime.  Testing, usage of multiple email addresses or a user that has not submitted a form or has less interaction with our web pages than others may not be recognized currently or may be recognized incorrectly so what I want to do is be able to tell the page who this is via an email address somehow on the CTA link if possible although Im open to other ideas that will either create or replace the cookie storing the email address in the persons browser. Basically i want to manually set this on the link preferrably so the web page can pick it up and display as expected. 

Whats killing me is that I know there is some way to do this as wehn pages are created you can impersonate anyone to see what the page will look like as individual people. This is done via a preview within the editor. Basically thats what I am looking for so that I can control what email address the browser is using to be sure everyone is getting what they are supposed to be getting. Right now anyone who has not filled out a form, has changed email addresses, or like our testers that really use a lot of email addresses are not being registered as the right people because we need this to work 100% of the ti me - not just when hubspot has the info available automatically. Manually sending this in with the link seemed like the perfecct solution.

Any ideas how to do this?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
HelenRoss
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

If I understand the problem correctly you want a way to add a dynamic parameter in the referral string that passes through the email address, so on click it prepopulates with the predetermined email. 

The way Hubspot works is that it uses a cookie to determine who that person is (and thus what info it should display), rather than passing through the values in the URL string.

For testing, this can be confusing as your testers may have entered a different email each time (Hubspot will pick up the last email they used and render this). If you want to check out what it looks like for an end user who hasn't engaged with you before try opening the link in an incognito window.

I'm not sure whether Hubspot accepts parameters in the referral URL. I imagine they don't because it could interfere with the cookie's info. 

@roisinkirby is it possible to add a dynamic parameter similar to your personalisation tokens into the CTA link?

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
MFrankJohnson
Autoridade no assunto

resolver

This won't work for you right?

- see How to distribute multiple unique links...

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Avaliação positiva
HelenRoss
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

If I understand the problem correctly you want a way to add a dynamic parameter in the referral string that passes through the email address, so on click it prepopulates with the predetermined email. 

The way Hubspot works is that it uses a cookie to determine who that person is (and thus what info it should display), rather than passing through the values in the URL string.

For testing, this can be confusing as your testers may have entered a different email each time (Hubspot will pick up the last email they used and render this). If you want to check out what it looks like for an end user who hasn't engaged with you before try opening the link in an incognito window.

I'm not sure whether Hubspot accepts parameters in the referral URL. I imagine they don't because it could interfere with the cookie's info. 

@roisinkirby is it possible to add a dynamic parameter similar to your personalisation tokens into the CTA link?

roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

resolver
0 Avaliação positiva
roisinkirby

resolver

Hey @smondeau a cookie is required for any smart/targeted solution.

Tagging a few exports to assist further based on their knowledge and experience:

@Phil_Vallender@cbsembler@Champion@HelenRoss

0 Avaliação positiva