CMS Development

Softeq_user
Participant

MULTILINGUAL HUBSPOT-BASED WEBSITE ISSUE

Hey guys! 

Our website (https://www.softeq.com) lives on HubSpot CMS and has a DE language version (https://www.softeq.com/de). 
We noticed that periodically some DE pages drop out of Google listing. They just disappear from the Index.
This REGULARLY happens 1-2 times per month.To solve this issue,  I have to resubmit my pages or the whole DE website in Google Search Console to get our DE pages in index back. 
That is a pain, is rather time-consuming and affects the rankings of our DE pages.
Has anyone faced this issue with your localized HubSpot websites?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

8 Replies 8
breichenbach
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Softeq_user ! This is a really interesting issue, and not one I've seen before. 

I'll start with some good news: auditing your English and German pages, the hreflang alternate tags are set up correctly, so in the long-term Google should be able to understand the relationship between the content. 

But some bad news: Google is abnormally cryptic when it comes to deindexing and is processes and reasoning for deindexing content (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/40052?hl=en). 

That said, I'd love to run some questions by you to clarify the behavior you're seeing and present some possible solutions: 

1. Do you use Google Search Console (GSC) to monitor site health? If so, do you see any content warnings? 
  2. Also in GSC, if you have a page that appears to have been removed from the Index, what happens if you submit that link to the URL Inspection tool? 
0 Upvotes
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Softeq_user !

I'm a product manager on the content tools, and have done a lot of work in multi-language content. This is the first time I'm hearing of this issue - can you tell us what tool you're using to check the indexing? 

Thanks,

Snaedis 

Snaedis Valsdottir
Associate Product Manager, CMS Publishing
Softeq_user
Participant

Hi @GuyTaylor and @karstenkoehler 

Any updates?

Regards

0 Upvotes
Softeq_user
Participant

Hi Shaedis,

Thank you for your response.

We use SemRush.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @Softeq_user , Can you provide any more specifics details about your process with SEMRush.  As much detail as possible will help us to debug this.  Have you noticed a trend in when the problem occurs?  And wanted to confirm that this never seems to happen with the English version of the site.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Softeq_user ,

Thank you for sharing your query in the Community.

I wanted to tag in some top contributors here: @Phil_Vallender and @AdamLPW , have you seen a similar situation in the past? It'd be great if you guys could share some experiences or suggestions for @Softeq_user !

Softeq_user
Participant

Hi,

So can anyone help us?

@Phil_Vallender  , @AdamLPW .

Regards

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GuyTaylor and @karstenkoehler , would you guys be able to share some thoughts here?

0 Upvotes