CMS Development

Softeq_user
参加者

MULTILINGUAL HUBSPOT-BASED WEBSITE ISSUE

Hey guys! 

Our website (https://www.softeq.com) lives on HubSpot CMS and has a DE language version (https://www.softeq.com/de). 
We noticed that periodically some DE pages drop out of Google listing. They just disappear from the Index.
This REGULARLY happens 1-2 times per month.To solve this issue,  I have to resubmit my pages or the whole DE website in Google Search Console to get our DE pages in index back. 
That is a pain, is rather time-consuming and affects the rankings of our DE pages.
Has anyone faced this issue with your localized HubSpot websites?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

8件の返信
breichenbach
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey @Softeq_user ! This is a really interesting issue, and not one I've seen before. 

I'll start with some good news: auditing your English and German pages, the hreflang alternate tags are set up correctly, so in the long-term Google should be able to understand the relationship between the content. 

But some bad news: Google is abnormally cryptic when it comes to deindexing and is processes and reasoning for deindexing content (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/40052?hl=en). 

That said, I'd love to run some questions by you to clarify the behavior you're seeing and present some possible solutions: 

1. Do you use Google Search Console (GSC) to monitor site health? If so, do you see any content warnings? 
  2. Also in GSC, if you have a page that appears to have been removed from the Index, what happens if you submit that link to the URL Inspection tool? 
0 いいね!
Snaedis
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi @Softeq_user !

I'm a product manager on the content tools, and have done a lot of work in multi-language content. This is the first time I'm hearing of this issue - can you tell us what tool you're using to check the indexing? 

Thanks,

Snaedis 

Snaedis Valsdottir
Associate Product Manager, CMS Publishing
Softeq_user
参加者

Hi @GuyTaylor and @karstenkoehler 

Any updates?

Regards

0 いいね!
Softeq_user
参加者

Hi Shaedis,

Thank you for your response.

We use SemRush.

0 いいね!
dennisedson
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hello @Softeq_user , Can you provide any more specifics details about your process with SEMRush.  As much detail as possible will help us to debug this.  Have you noticed a trend in when the problem occurs?  And wanted to confirm that this never seems to happen with the English version of the site.

Thanks in advance!

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @Softeq_user ,

Thank you for sharing your query in the Community.

I wanted to tag in some top contributors here: @Phil_Vallender and @AdamLPW , have you seen a similar situation in the past? It'd be great if you guys could share some experiences or suggestions for @Softeq_user !

Softeq_user
参加者

Hi,

So can anyone help us?

@Phil_Vallender  , @AdamLPW .

Regards

0 いいね!
natsumimori
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

@GuyTaylor and @karstenkoehler , would you guys be able to share some thoughts here?

0 いいね!