CMS Development

DougieD
Miembro

Lookup tables in Hubspot?

Hi there,

I'm trying to mirror a process we have in our ESP within Hubspot and am uncertain how to proceed.

What we woud like to do is look up a value based on a user variable. How we currently do this is by having the system look at a user's profile, search for a variable and match that variable with a value on a lookup table.

So, for example, if we want to customize background color the system looks up a user, finds a value (e.g., ABCD) and then matches that value with a hex value (e.g., #123456) on the lookup table. It then inserts the hex value into the HTML.

The code looks like this:

bgcolor="{color}"

Does anytone have any experience programming something similar in Hubspot?

Many thanks,

Doug

0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
ScottHemmeter
Participante

Hi, I realize this question is quite old, but it's a classic problem. I wanted to inform you that we have a solution for you. We had this same type of challenge and decided to build a HubSpot app for it. It's called VLOOKUP for Workflow and it just launched on the Marketplace today. It allows you to reference a Google Sheet or upload your own CSV data and use that source as a lookup table in HubSpot. You can then use the result downstream in your workflow. It's simple, scalable, and affordable.

2023-02-08_10-19-24.png

mmartelli0803
Participante

We need a solution for accessing lookup and relational tables as well. Has anyone tried the Google Sheets App for Workflows? Is it real-time? Need to figure this out before we migrate from Salesforce to Hubspot CRM!

lscanlan
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @DougieD,

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? Could you store this as a contact property on your contact records? That way in either a custom module or in the main email body, you could pull the value for the contact you're sending to (or previewing as) with a token like: {{ contact.color_property_name }}. So that token will get transpiled into the actual value. For example if you wrote something like this:

<div bgcolor="{{ contact.color_property_name }}"></div>

...that will transpile into something like (assuming that your contact has a hex code value for that contact property):

<div bgcolor="#ff6347"></div>

I think that would accomplish what you're trying to do. Feel free to follow up here with any questions about it.

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Me gusta
BobBalm1
Colaborador

Not the same use case, but I do have the same question: are Lookup Tables on the roadmap?

I have this process where we allocate leads to salespeople around the country based on Postal Code. We don't use the Sales / CRM however. Right now I have this attrocious Workflow with 157183571 branches, that basically goes:

Is your Postal Code one of 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114 .... and 20+ more... 

Yes? Then assign you to region A

No? 

Is your Postal Code one of 2111, 2112, 2113, 2114 ... etc.

Yes? Then assign you to region B

No? 

Is... and so on

20+ branches in a row, each evaluating a manual list of 20+ zip codes. Horrible to maintain.

I'm looking for a feature where I can upload a .csv or .xlsx (or manually create, for smaller tables) and save it as a globally usable Lookup Table, then tell Hubspot in a workflow: 

Look up the value of Field A in Lookup Table X, then enter the corresponding value in Field B.

MScaramastra
Colaborador

Did you find a better way to do this? I am with a similar case.

0 Me gusta
Cdallosta
Participante

Did you ever find a solution for pulling data from a global lookup table?