CMS Development

AllisonZ
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Layer form over background image

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot Design Community,

Looking for assistance in layering a form over a background image.

Goal: Layer form over background image in banner of Landing Page

Details: I have tried adding it in on the template level as a field to the HTML + HubL within the banner image module. I was able to add the field but nothing showed on the template level.

Field_1.png

I would like it to look something like this:

Field_2.png

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Allison

(Channel Account Manager, BerSpot)
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jieyintan
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonZ 

I had a quick look at your custom module, and it looks your code is right. We could probably just be missing a background image. 🙂 

No default image selected in custom moduleNo default image selected in custom moduleYou can select an image here on the Design Previewer/Content Editor tooYou can select an image here on the Design Previewer/Content Editor too

I noticed in the second screenshot that your <div> height is pretty short because there isn't much content right now. To overcome this, you can consider specifying a min-height for your <div> in your CSS. 

I've set up a simplified custom module on my end as an example:

Configuring the CSS for min-heightConfiguring the CSS for min-height

How this simplified module looksHow this simplified module looks

Let me know if that works for you! Feel free to reach out directly to me too to troubleshoot this together. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jieyintan
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @AllisonZ 

I had a quick look at your custom module, and it looks your code is right. We could probably just be missing a background image. 🙂 

No default image selected in custom moduleNo default image selected in custom moduleYou can select an image here on the Design Previewer/Content Editor tooYou can select an image here on the Design Previewer/Content Editor too

I noticed in the second screenshot that your <div> height is pretty short because there isn't much content right now. To overcome this, you can consider specifying a min-height for your <div> in your CSS. 

I've set up a simplified custom module on my end as an example:

Configuring the CSS for min-heightConfiguring the CSS for min-height

How this simplified module looksHow this simplified module looks

Let me know if that works for you! Feel free to reach out directly to me too to troubleshoot this together. 🙂

AllisonZ
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi Jie,

thank you for providing a workable solution! Your suggestion enabled me to layer a form over the background banner image.

Thank you again!

Allison

(Channel Account Manager, BerSpot)
0 Upvotes