CMS Development

Zarette

Landing page video auto plan

SOLVE

Good day - I was advise to contact developers for this: I need my inserted video (on my landing page) to auto play and loop until the person closes the page.

This is not a 'story telling' video - it is a flag that moves as if it is being moved by the wind.

Your assistance would be appreciate.

Edit Page | TEST Landing Page (hubspot.com)

regards

Zarette

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Zarette 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Please note, the community will not be able to use your link as it requires access to the portal itself. 

Here are a few additional questions and suggestions to get effective help from the community:

• Where is your video hosted? In your HubSpot File Manager? Or somewhere externally like YouTube for example?
  • If it is somewhere externally, you can try adding the HTML attribute 
    autoplay​

to the embed code itself. Here are two quick articles with more information — Autoplay (from MDN) | Autoplay (from W3School)

• It is worth noting that major browsers including Google Chrome can block the autoplay feature even if you include it
  • Does your video include sound? If not, have you considered making a GIF out of your video? This would take care of the looping and autoplay when a page is loaded. — Make a GIF (Giphy)

Hey, @albertsg @Stephanie-OG @Oezcan, are there any other easy wins you can think of for autoplaying a video on a HubSpot page?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
albertsg
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Zarette, I think @Jaycee_Lewis gave you all the information you need to solve your issue 🙂

If the video is just a flag moving, consider using another format like GIF, it will be an easier implementation and will reduce the size of your page which results in an improved page load speed/time.

If you still decide to go with video format, use Autoplay as mentioned in Jaycee's message but keep in mind what Google says here: https://developer.chrome.com/blog/autoplay/

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Zarette 👋 Thanks for reaching out. Please note, the community will not be able to use your link as it requires access to the portal itself. 

Here are a few additional questions and suggestions to get effective help from the community:

• Where is your video hosted? In your HubSpot File Manager? Or somewhere externally like YouTube for example?
  • If it is somewhere externally, you can try adding the HTML attribute 
    autoplay​

to the embed code itself. Here are two quick articles with more information — Autoplay (from MDN) | Autoplay (from W3School)

• It is worth noting that major browsers including Google Chrome can block the autoplay feature even if you include it
  • Does your video include sound? If not, have you considered making a GIF out of your video? This would take care of the looping and autoplay when a page is loaded. — Make a GIF (Giphy)

Hey, @albertsg @Stephanie-OG @Oezcan, are there any other easy wins you can think of for autoplaying a video on a HubSpot page?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot