CMS Development

bhillegass

Landing page migration

SOLVE

Hi HS Pros,

I'm a freelancer working on migrating a landing page over for a client. Their current landing page has an element I don't see on the landing pages in HS too often without purchasing an asset from the app store. When you hover over an image it shows the same image in color and then has a number that appears. It's showing someone's risk score. So the 3 pictures are all gray, hover the mouse over one of them, the picture colors itself in an provides a number.

I do feel decently comfortable in the design tool. But, am I better off just purchasing a premade LP from the store vs trying to write out the code? Or, is it reasonably simple to accomplish something like this. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Landing page migration

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori 

Hey @bhillegass 

Creating this funcitonality would be rather straight forward with a custom module! Check out Image Greyscale with CSS & re-color on mouse-over?

EDIT: I had some time and this seemed fun so I made this pen.

As far as building the pages you could go either way. I would estimate your ROI weighing cost/time, against the knowledge you will gain and the value to the client/project. I've put a very small pros and cons list together below:

Pros of custom build:

• Inifinite flexibility & possibilities
  • Complete control
  • You as the dev gain a complete understanding of how the site works and is formated
  • Typically easier to update and extend
  • Little capital investment

Cons

• Time investment could be larger than estimated
  • Design bias can get in the way
  • Without proper planning scaling can get difficult
  • SCOPE CREEP!
Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Landing page migration

SOLVE

Hi @bhillegass , thanks for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

I will tag in subject matter expert here: @Kevin-C and @alyssamwilie , would you mind sharing your thoughts for @bhillegass ?

0 Upvotes
Kevin-C
Solution

Landing page migration

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori 

Hey @bhillegass 

Creating this funcitonality would be rather straight forward with a custom module! Check out Image Greyscale with CSS & re-color on mouse-over?

EDIT: I had some time and this seemed fun so I made this pen.

As far as building the pages you could go either way. I would estimate your ROI weighing cost/time, against the knowledge you will gain and the value to the client/project. I've put a very small pros and cons list together below:

Pros of custom build:

• Inifinite flexibility & possibilities
  • Complete control
  • You as the dev gain a complete understanding of how the site works and is formated
  • Typically easier to update and extend
  • Little capital investment

Cons

• Time investment could be larger than estimated
  • Design bias can get in the way
  • Without proper planning scaling can get difficult
  • SCOPE CREEP!
Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Landing page migration

SOLVE

Thank you @Kevin-C for your continuous contribution to the Community!!