CMS Development

PatrykJ
Contributor

Landing Pages vs Website Platform

I have builded a website (all the pages) by using HubSpot Landing Pages and it works well.

However, I see that there is also a Website Platform add-on. What are the advantages of having that and why should we consider to buy/pay for it if we already have builded a website without using this platform?

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
CelinTeo
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Generally right in saying that there's no technical limitations with features in both landing page vs website page, but a thing to note for the future is that should a website be hosted on landing pages, then be moved over to website pages. This action of moving a page to a different dashboard resets its performance metrics. (documentation)

e.g. in the following scenario:

- customer decides to host website on landing pages and not purchase HubSpot CMS

- should the customer further down the road decide to upgrade and purchase HubSpot CMS 

- They logically now want to move these website landing pages over to be hosted as 'website page'. However HubSpot treats this 'transfer' as a new page and resets the pages performance metrics

Good to take note when advising on website hosting in HubSpot!

Celin

HubSpot Support

0 Upvotes
Kapil_Arora
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

As far as my understanding the additional benefit you will get on the website platform is you can use the smart content to show different content to your website visitors based on the lifecycle stages, country or any other smart list you use to segment your contacts. 

Otherwise, it's all same you can use the landing pages for the website as long as the website doesn't have a huge number of pages. 

Kapil Arora,

HubSpot Gold Partner (www.transfunnel.com)

kapil@transfunnel.com

0 Upvotes
coreysmith
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

Smart content and personalization tokens are availble for both website pages and landing pages. Landing pages just get additional conversion analytics.

Corey Smith - Tribute Media

Hubspot Platinum Partner - Hubspot  Certified Trainer
smith@tributemedia.com

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
0 Upvotes
PatrykJ
Contributor

You don't need Website Platform to use smart content, you can use it also with landing pages.

0 Upvotes
coreysmith

There is no techinical limitation to using a landing page as a website page. It's all about licensing. If you create a very small site with landing pages, chances are Hubspot is not going to say anything. If you create a large site, someone is going to say something. It's likely against the terms of service. You'll want to ask this of your CAM.

Corey Smith - Tribute Media

Hubspot Platinum Partner - Hubspot  Certified Trainer
smith@tributemedia.com

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
Gauravathub

Hello Team,

One of my clients wants to use Hubspot Landing pages as website pages.Actually, he doesn't have website addon on his HubSpot subscription.His website is simply static website 4-5 pages. So, he doesn't want to invest more in this.

Can we do this? If not, then can you please explain me the drawbacks/limitations(SEO and all) of using Landing pages as website pages.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
benvanlooy
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Technically, it's perfectly possible to use the landingpages as if they were a website.

Anyone - correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure there are no (seo) limitations vs. the website add-on.

PatrykJ
Contributor

I have builded the website which has more than 5 pages by using 'Landing Pages' only. You don't really need this Website Platform. And it will be the same for SEO.

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@benvanlooy@Phil_Vallender@coreysmith - what would you advise here?

0 Upvotes
benvanlooy

I could be wrong but:

- if you use the website add-on you can structure your pages better; you can also generate a menu which include your website pages

- the website add on also gives you the option to create a table & use it as database

- landindgpages are more meant for campaigns, to create forms etc for one-off pages, loose pages..

but technically, you don't "reallllly" need the website add on.. I think..

0 Upvotes
PatrykJ
Contributor

I am using my own navigation menu (and gulp with mustache) and I don't need this HubSpot database at the moment. So it looks like the Website Platform is totally useless for me in this case.

0 Upvotes