CMS Development

Kenziejoy
Participant

Landing Page jumping to Google Map - possibly only on Chrome

This actually isn't a hubspot specific question - but I'm testing this page - it's live but not really public yet.  http://info.iste.org/student-standards-contest

It is jumping to the map in Chrome but not firefox or Safari. Does anyone know of a reason for this? My initial google attempts are not showing up anything promising. 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jsum
Key Advisor

@Kenziejoy,

Consider using a library like any of these.

The reason being that while their are simple ways to get something done, a good library has had a lot of time and thought put into making something doable under multiple circumstances so you don't have to worry about browser issues, load order issues, etc.

That being said, the page kind of "blips" a bit for me as well on chrome. I look at your code a little and it might be that your scroll function is firing before the assets are loaded. You should try having it fire in $(window).on(''load", function() { Here }); and see if that helps. 

0 Upvotes
Kenziejoy
Participant

Thank you so much for responding! I think I might have explained it backwards. The page jumps on it's own at first in both safari and chrome down to about where the iframe/form is. (I think perhaps it is not the map based on watching the page load at a really throttled speed.)

So the page jumps caused by --- something -- and the scroll function that I think we were looking at is my attempt to override that jump and get the page back to the top. Totally not ideal, but it works. Sort of.  

0 Upvotes