CMS Development

MattStanleyWebb
メンバー

Label Translation, etc, for Custom German Quote

解決

Hi, just need some general guidance.

I'm using the design-manager to edit various modules of our Quotes, mostly "lines_items_table".  This module has hardcoded English text such as "SUBTOTALS".

What is the best approach to using this in a German language quote? I've read some forum advice, but it seems to be an area in flux.  The German quote is a separate template but presumably it uses original the customised module, not a clone?

I also need to change our main company address on German quotes - how is this sourced and what is the best way to alter it?

Just don't want to create a complex solution to a solved problem.  Well, hopefully it's solved 🙂

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Jake_Lett
解決策
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

解決

Are you trying to see {{ templateLang }}  when previewing the lines_item_table ? Or are you not seeing the value when previewing the quote template.html? If it is the former, the variable won't show unless you are viewing the entire document because the lines_item_table module is like a partial loaded into the full document.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
MattStanleyWebb
メンバー

解決

I can't see any documentation on where to add a global custom variable. If I add {%set templateLang = "en" %} to the Header section of the Quote it will work within the header module, but if I add {{ templateLang }} to the lines_item_table, for example, it is blank.

Any advice?

0 いいね!
Jake_Lett
解決策
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

解決

Are you trying to see {{ templateLang }}  when previewing the lines_item_table ? Or are you not seeing the value when previewing the quote template.html? If it is the former, the variable won't show unless you are viewing the entire document because the lines_item_table module is like a partial loaded into the full document.

Jake_Lett
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner
ガイド役 | Solutions Partner

解決

The way I have handled this is by having two quote templates that reference the same line items module.

• Basic quote - English
  • Basic quote - German

On the individual templates create a variable like {%set templateLang = "en" %} you can then write that on your body class like <body class="basic-quote { templateLang}}">

Then in your line_items module you can write conditional logic for that language variable like {% if templateLang == "en" %}Subtotals{% elif templateLang == "de" %}Zwischensummen{%endif %} 

You can then use that conditional logic anywhere else you need it.

MattStanleyWebb
メンバー

解決

Thanks, that seems like a logical approach. Is there any documentation for adding a variable to the template ({%set templateLang = "en" %}) or is it trivial, ie you just pop it where you want?

Either way, appreciate your help with this.

0 いいね!
MattStanleyWebb
メンバー

解決

Thanks for your reply.  The need for translation hasn't arisen before, so I'm looking for the "best practice" approach and some guidance for its implementation.

Thanks.

0 いいね!
dennisedson
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

@A_Wessolly@karstenkoehler, @Jake_Lett   how have you all been tackling translations?

0 いいね!