CMS Development

annaadam
Membro

Issues with site speed

resolver

Hi there, 

I hope someone could help me. 

I'm not a developer myself and the person who developed our site can't be contacted anymore. 

We're having some issues with the speed of the site and upon checking problems in Hubspot's site grader: https://website.grader.com/tests/sproutit.co.uk there were a few suggestions in regards to Javascript. 

Would anyone know how to do these in Hubspot CMS:

• Remove the JavaScript library or update it with a security patch.
  •  Use a minifier tool or contact your web host to ensure your JavaScript is minified
  • Use a minifier tool or contact your web host to ensure your CSS is minified.

I work in marketing with very limited developer experience and I just don't know how to solve these issues on the site. 

Hubspot support suggested to talk to my developer which I don't have so I'm hoping to get some answers here. 

Thanks so much,

Anna

1 Solução aceita
Chris-M
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

Issues with site speed

resolver

Hello @annaadam,

Hubspot should minifie your own CSS and JS, but for downloaded scripts you need to embed the minified version

i can refere to: https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/site-speed-and-performance-what-we-do-and-what-you-can-do

You are using different JavaScript files, which are loaded in like for example slick.js, try to change it to the minified version like: slick.min.js

Normally if you download the scrips there is a miniefied version in the folder.

You have a couple of script which can be changed to the minified version; here is short list, which i found:

jquery-ui.css
bootstrap.css
animation.css
slick.css

bootstrap.min.js
easing.js
wow.js
slick.js
jquery.mixitup.js
jquery-ui.js

For the security error, this is because Hubspot uses an old version of jQuery 1.7.X or 1.11.X, if you want to fix this issue you need do exclude the Hubspot jQuery and embed your own version.

You can exlude jQuery in: Settings - Website - Pages

jQueryHubspot.PNG

I hope this helps you

- Chris

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
Chris-M
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

Issues with site speed

resolver

Hello @annaadam,

Hubspot should minifie your own CSS and JS, but for downloaded scripts you need to embed the minified version

i can refere to: https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/site-speed-and-performance-what-we-do-and-what-you-can-do

You are using different JavaScript files, which are loaded in like for example slick.js, try to change it to the minified version like: slick.min.js

Normally if you download the scrips there is a miniefied version in the folder.

You have a couple of script which can be changed to the minified version; here is short list, which i found:

jquery-ui.css
bootstrap.css
animation.css
slick.css

bootstrap.min.js
easing.js
wow.js
slick.js
jquery.mixitup.js
jquery-ui.js

For the security error, this is because Hubspot uses an old version of jQuery 1.7.X or 1.11.X, if you want to fix this issue you need do exclude the Hubspot jQuery and embed your own version.

You can exlude jQuery in: Settings - Website - Pages

jQueryHubspot.PNG

I hope this helps you

- Chris