CMS Development

BShock

Issues adding a CTA button to navigation bar

SOLVE

I'm trying to add a CTA to my client's header nav but instead of it just adding in line with where I seemingly place it in the design it reorganizes the components and stacks them instead. I need the button to be after the menu and before the social links. 

What am I doing wrong??

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 11.16.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-07-06 at 11.15.36 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @BShock

look at the template in preview mode and inspect the elements. I assume that the CTA has (most likely) a display:block; in the CSS. 

If you don't need a CTA but just a "button" you could edit the navigation(settings/website/navigation) by adding a wrapping span around a menu item and apply the default button class(es) to it. Works like a charm

Anton_0-1657260952959.png

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @BShock

look at the template in preview mode and inspect the elements. I assume that the CTA has (most likely) a display:block; in the CSS. 

If you don't need a CTA but just a "button" you could edit the navigation(settings/website/navigation) by adding a wrapping span around a menu item and apply the default button class(es) to it. Works like a charm

Anton_0-1657260952959.png

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
0 Upvotes