CMS Development

alponce
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Is it possible to tag a value on the selected image from an Image Gallery module

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to make a template with an Image Gallery module inside it. My goal is to make a gallery that when you select an image among the list, that selected image will have a value, for example, 'image1', and that value will be passed to a form when a CTA is clicked. Basically, I would want to choose from the images (from the gallery) and pass the selected image's data to a form. 

Is this possible? Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks,

Crizette

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Is it possible to tag a value on the selected image from an Image Gallery module

Hi @alponce Apologies that no one has responded yet. 

As it turns out, there is not an out-of-the-box way to do this. You could use javascript to pass the value, however, HubSpot froms will strip any prior java related values on submit. This is further hampered by the fact that HubSpot will recognize a click on a specific photo withihn the gallery. A click on the phots will only be reocognized as a click on the Gallery object itself.

As an alternative, you could create an array of image CTA's and link each image CTA to a workflow that populates the desired properties and values. 

The flow would work like this: 

1. Visitor clicks CTA 
  2. CTA redirects to a landing page with form
  3. Visitor submits form  
  4. Contact record is created 
  5. CTA click registers on contact timeline
  6. Contact is enrolled in sepcific workflow due to CTA click
  7. Workflow populates designated properties

Please let me know if you have any quesitons. 

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes