CMS Development

karoh

Integrate searchbox without Google Search

SOLVE

Hello,

I need a searchbox WITHOUT google search or custom google search for a blog. How I can realize this?

Best regards,

Katja R.

1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@karoh I am a little late to this question. But I have worked on a couple alternative solutions to google site search:

1. Sitewide HubSpot Search
  2. Blog Only HubSpot Search

The first option is easiest to implement and it get's it's results from your sitemap. The second takes a little more time but it's a good option if you want a more typical blog search.

Hope this helps!

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
sreid9
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Katjia, I recommend you check out Swiftype Site Search as an alternative to Google Site and Custom Search. To get started with Swiftype, you just enter your website’s address and Swiftype will index your site and create your search engine in real-time. The Swiftype UI is fully customizable and you can view search analytics and re-order results from a dashboard.

0 Upvotes
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@karoh I am a little late to this question. But I have worked on a couple alternative solutions to google site search:

1. Sitewide HubSpot Search
  2. Blog Only HubSpot Search

The first option is easiest to implement and it get's it's results from your sitemap. The second takes a little more time but it's a good option if you want a more typical blog search.

Hope this helps!

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Upvotes
PedalingPics
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Stefen, 

The links in your post aren't working--are these plugins still around? If so, where do I find more info?

Thanks!

nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @karoh, thanks for your post. The default dearch box used in our HubSpot Templates is a google search, and a google custom search engine is our best alternative recommenation. Personally, I'm not familiar with other options, and you'd likely need to do some research on your own. Is there a particular reason why you are not interested in using google? 

0 Upvotes