CMS Development

MarkR
Membre

Importing information and pictures to hubspot

Résolue

I want to use a "quoting tool" to capture pictures and technical information and have it imported in to hubspot easily, either a 3rd party app or ideally a template created inside hubspot, can anyone help?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Jsum
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@MarkR,

If your portal has access to the Hubspot API then there may be a custom solution avaiable that could be centered around Hubspot.

You would first want to create all of the appropriate contact properties for what you are trying wanting to do. You can use a files field for the images, or maybe there is a better option. The API allows you to work hubspot from a third party source so almost anything you would need to do can be done through the API. 

When going out to take pictures for your customers you would use the API to either find or add a new contact, take the pictures and upload them as part of the contact information, add notes about the contact, etc. 

The trick, and this could actually turn out to be a pretty cool product/integration, is that you need a third party platform to run this. Basically your own mobile app. You, or whoever goes out to do the assessment, would open the app on thier mobile device, and could then add or update contacts and contact info to Hubspot. 

The app development should be pretty simple because the functions would be simple. The API would do most of the work. The API is pretty easy to use itself too. I would image it would cost you between $1500 and $5000 total for a minimally viable version that you would then own. The cool thing is that this has some serious potential so you could definitely look at this as an investment if you care to get into the SaaS game. 

As far as prebuilt options, I don't know any especially that hook into Hubspot. You can search for hubspot integrations and look through Hubspots list of available integrations for a solution. Outside of Hubspot there are tons of softwares for contractor and construction bidding and estimating. Sage is one that keep popping up.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
Jsum
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@MarkR,

I might could help but that isn't enough information to go on for me. Are you screen capturing this info? is it all image format or are we talking live text as well? Where do you want to store it in Hubspot and how do you want to use it, i.e. do you want it to upload to the file manager, a live page, be front facing, stored in the back until you need it? What softwares have you been looking at using?

0 Votes
MarkR
Membre

Résolue

Thanks for your reply, I want to capture pictures of the different sides of the house we need to paint, then (normally using an iphone or ipad), then I want to be able to add a description of the work that is required to paint the side, and any unusual requirements (scaffold, sanding etc.) I want this information live and available for use to create a quote back in the office and then in the future, for the technician on site when they are ready to do the work. I don't know much about software options, I am hopeful of using a form or already existing app. I have looked at pandadoc and gocanvass, both seem more advanced and more expensive than an app that may already exist or a function inside hubspot that I may be able to adapt. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and look forward to your reply.

0 Votes
Jsum
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@MarkR,

If your portal has access to the Hubspot API then there may be a custom solution avaiable that could be centered around Hubspot.

You would first want to create all of the appropriate contact properties for what you are trying wanting to do. You can use a files field for the images, or maybe there is a better option. The API allows you to work hubspot from a third party source so almost anything you would need to do can be done through the API. 

When going out to take pictures for your customers you would use the API to either find or add a new contact, take the pictures and upload them as part of the contact information, add notes about the contact, etc. 

The trick, and this could actually turn out to be a pretty cool product/integration, is that you need a third party platform to run this. Basically your own mobile app. You, or whoever goes out to do the assessment, would open the app on thier mobile device, and could then add or update contacts and contact info to Hubspot. 

The app development should be pretty simple because the functions would be simple. The API would do most of the work. The API is pretty easy to use itself too. I would image it would cost you between $1500 and $5000 total for a minimally viable version that you would then own. The cool thing is that this has some serious potential so you could definitely look at this as an investment if you care to get into the SaaS game. 

As far as prebuilt options, I don't know any especially that hook into Hubspot. You can search for hubspot integrations and look through Hubspots list of available integrations for a solution. Outside of Hubspot there are tons of softwares for contractor and construction bidding and estimating. Sage is one that keep popping up.

0 Votes
MarkR
Membre

Résolue

Thanks again for your reply, I am very new to the world of Apps/API etc and was hoping for some "form building app" or basic import function already in Hubspot, I don't want to design or build the App, just use it. Canvas and Pandadoc seem to work but are both more designed to help build templates and tracking mechanisms for quoting, more than I ned and much too expensive. I'll keep looking.

0 Votes