CMS Development

Kwaltrip
Participant

Images and Icons

Résolue

Hello,

I have a few things I'm trying to accomplish with my site and I'm pretty sure it will all come down to updating my main page CSS file. 

1.) I want a hover feature on 3 images I have on my main page. We recently removed our image slider and replaced with 3 separate stand-alone images. We want these images to hover as people scroll over them to encourage use. 

2.) We have .icon-section as part of the main navigation from our homepage to other market specific pages on our site. These icons each appear in their own line on mobile and we would prefer to have 2-3 share a line so that the scroll on the mobile view isn't so long.

3.) Finally, in addition to the .icon-section update, we would also like to add a scroll to top feature after the fold so that users can more easily navigate back to the top of the page. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Images and Icons

Résolue

Hi @Kwaltrip See below for answers to your queries:

I want a hover feature on 3 images I have on my main page. We recently removed our image slider and replaced with 3 separate stand-alone images. We want these images to hover as people scroll over them to encourage use. 

The Hover psudeo css element is used to fade an image and add text directly or in a CTA-like box. You are correct, it can be added by making adjustments to you CSS file. Follow this link for a great explanation from W3 Schools. An alternate method can be found here. 

As an alternative, you might try to shake the image, for a more dynamic interaction. Instuctions on applying Shake to an image are located here.

We have .icon-section as part of the main navigation from our homepage to other market specific pages on our site. These icons each appear in their own line on mobile and we would prefer to have 2-3 share a line so that the scroll on the mobile view isn't so long.

I may be able to help you here. Can you provide a link to the page in question? 

Finally, in addition to the .icon-section update, we would also like to add a scroll to top feature after the fold so that users can more easily navigate back to the top of the page. 

This is actually an anchor link. Find out how to create an anchor link here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Images and Icons

Résolue

Hi @Kwaltrip See below for answers to your queries:

I want a hover feature on 3 images I have on my main page. We recently removed our image slider and replaced with 3 separate stand-alone images. We want these images to hover as people scroll over them to encourage use. 

The Hover psudeo css element is used to fade an image and add text directly or in a CTA-like box. You are correct, it can be added by making adjustments to you CSS file. Follow this link for a great explanation from W3 Schools. An alternate method can be found here. 

As an alternative, you might try to shake the image, for a more dynamic interaction. Instuctions on applying Shake to an image are located here.

We have .icon-section as part of the main navigation from our homepage to other market specific pages on our site. These icons each appear in their own line on mobile and we would prefer to have 2-3 share a line so that the scroll on the mobile view isn't so long.

I may be able to help you here. Can you provide a link to the page in question? 

Finally, in addition to the .icon-section update, we would also like to add a scroll to top feature after the fold so that users can more easily navigate back to the top of the page. 

This is actually an anchor link. Find out how to create an anchor link here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution