CMS Development

eddienguyen

Image with multiple hyperlinks at different parts

SOLVE
Hi all,
I would like to have an image in edm or landing page which has multiple hyperlinks at different parts of the image. Is this possible and are there any tools that I can use?
Warm regards,
Eddie

1 Accepted solution
Kevin-C
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @eddienguyen 

Ahh this reminds me of the first websites I created way back when!

The short answer is yes, and kinda.

This can be accomplished a few ways:

Images Maps

The old way of doing this would've been Image Maps. This tutorial will get you going in the right direction (though it is for wordpress). And this tool (also mentioned in the tutorial) will get yiou the cooridinates you'll need. And yet another resource!

Slicing Images

You could slice the image into multiple images and apply the links separately to each image. We do this for our entry level emails, or image based emails.

My personal approach would be to avoid image based UI, and experiment with other possibilities that achieve the business requirement. I say this with ux signifiers and ADA compliance in mind.

With that said your approach could very well be the best possible approach for your audience and stakeholders!

Hopefully this help you reach a solution!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Kevin-C
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @eddienguyen 

Ahh this reminds me of the first websites I created way back when!

The short answer is yes, and kinda.

This can be accomplished a few ways:

Images Maps

The old way of doing this would've been Image Maps. This tutorial will get you going in the right direction (though it is for wordpress). And this tool (also mentioned in the tutorial) will get yiou the cooridinates you'll need. And yet another resource!

Slicing Images

You could slice the image into multiple images and apply the links separately to each image. We do this for our entry level emails, or image based emails.

My personal approach would be to avoid image based UI, and experiment with other possibilities that achieve the business requirement. I say this with ux signifiers and ADA compliance in mind.

With that said your approach could very well be the best possible approach for your audience and stakeholders!

Hopefully this help you reach a solution!

Kevin Cornett - Sr. Solutions Architect @ BridgeRev
WSprague

SOLVE

So...once you have the code for the image map...how do you imbed that into your marketing email?

0 Upvotes
eddienguyen

SOLVE

Thanks a lot for your help

https://co-well.vn/

0 Upvotes