CMS Development

Shwetansh07
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

I want to create a contact to separate portal when any hubspot form is submitted via API.

I have two different portals for hubspot. I am using Forms API to submit a HS form manually.  I want whenever a form is submitted on Hubspot then I can track that event and fire some of my code on create a same contact on second portal.  I am looking into Webhooks but it doesn't seems to fulfill my requirement.
Any help here would be appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I want to create a contact to separate portal when any hubspot form is submitted via API.

Hey @Shwetansh07 

In your app, you will need to trigger a post request using the Contacts endpoint directed at the other portal. 

If this is a single use purpose (You are not trying to do  this with many portals) I would say using the hapikey for posting to the second portal would be the least complex route.

0 Upvotes
Shwetansh07
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Hello Thanks for your reply. But I was wondering if I can catch up with events triggered at hubspot and do some API calls for that. Lets say any of form is submitted on our portal then is there ary way we can catch that event on our site and do some custom code for performing some activity. 

I have seen webhooks of the app but it doesn't seems to be usable for all activities, mainly the form submissions.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Shwetansh07 

Thought this community post might be of interest that @tommy-mwx  submitted a while back.

0 Upvotes