CMS Development

solla
Contributor

I can "Copy JSON"... but where and how do I paste it?

SOLVE

When I edit a module, in the right sidebar pane in the Fields section, there is an option to "Copy JSON".  But once I copy it, where do I paste it? If I want to copy and paste fields into to my new custom module, how do I do that?

If there is no feature to "paste JSON" as a quick way to add a lot of module fields and style fields, why not? What is the purpose of having a  "Copy JSON" function? 

Eventually, I tried pasting the JSON into a file called fields.json and uploading it to my module folder, but I keep getting a really unhelpful error message:  There was an error uploading "fields.json".

Can anyone help me understand this?  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
felixmacaspac
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @solla AFAIK - you can only paste the JSON in the local development because you can only access the fields.json of the module if you fetch the theme locally.

See an example of how a theme is fetched locally, here:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/getting-started-with-local-development

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
felixmacaspac
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @solla AFAIK - you can only paste the JSON in the local development because you can only access the fields.json of the module if you fetch the theme locally.

See an example of how a theme is fetched locally, here:
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/guides/getting-started-with-local-development

solla
Contributor

SOLVE

Very helpful, @felixmacaspac, thank you! 

I haven't tried the local dev option yet, but looking at the link you sent it looks like I'll be able to paste it, make changes, and upload it to my account.  That should make module development much more rapid, rather than tediously adding fields in the design manager.

0 Upvotes