CMS Development

Ethan_Hawkes
Participant

I can not for the life of my figure out how to make email subscription preferences appear

SOLVE

Hi all. 

Noticed an error in our email subscription module on our blog. The header had disappeared. Anyway, I fixed that, but I can't seem to get the radial buttons for subscription to dissapear or appear.

Right now they're not showing up on the website at all, but the HTML exists and is bumping around the rest of the markup. They technically are there if you poke around in, inspect. How do I get these to appear or disappear? I can't seem to find the setting in the template editor. I went ahead and just boosted up the submit button with a -top margin, which is now being partially blocked by invisible radial buttons. 

Here's a link to the page: https://blog.survey-me.com/trouble-with-the-curve-why-you-need-instant-feedback

Let me know if you need any more information, I just want control over these dang things.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

I can not for the life of my figure out how to make email subscription preferences appear

SOLVE

@Ethan_Hawkes,

The code is a bit of a mess, it took me a second to figure it out.

First though, a lot of time you will just see the subscribe bar with out the frequency options on a blog. If it is set up correctly, this is because they have automatically set the preffered frequency in the form editor and made the frequency field hidden in the firm editor. This removes the markup from your subscribe module so you don't have to hide anything. I would suggest this if you are trying to keep the setting but hide the field. 

Now, the reason that the field is not showing is that in your style.css style sheet you have this:

.row-fluid .blog-subscribenew .field label {
    display: none;
}

on line 842 (according to the inspector).

I bet you anything that this happened when you or your developer were trying to hide the "*" that comes after required field labels. Setting labels in Hubspot forms to "display: none;" hides a bunch of stuff inlcuding error messages, required markeres, radio and checkbox inputs, and anything else wrapped in a label. 

removing the above css will solve your issue, and if you just want to hide the required marker(s) then I would suggest this: 

.row-fluid .blog-subscribenew .field label .hs-form-required {
}

I like to add the input type with the astrix in the placeholder for the field so that people still know what the field wants and that it is required

Trouble with the Curve  Why you need instant feedback.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Ethan_Hawkes,

The code is a bit of a mess, it took me a second to figure it out.

First though, a lot of time you will just see the subscribe bar with out the frequency options on a blog. If it is set up correctly, this is because they have automatically set the preffered frequency in the form editor and made the frequency field hidden in the firm editor. This removes the markup from your subscribe module so you don't have to hide anything. I would suggest this if you are trying to keep the setting but hide the field. 

Now, the reason that the field is not showing is that in your style.css style sheet you have this:

.row-fluid .blog-subscribenew .field label {
}

on line 842 (according to the inspector).

I bet you anything that this happened when you or your developer were trying to hide the "*" that comes after required field labels. Setting labels in Hubspot forms to "display: none;" hides a bunch of stuff inlcuding error messages, required markeres, radio and checkbox inputs, and anything else wrapped in a label. 

removing the above css will solve your issue, and if you just want to hide the required marker(s) then I would suggest this: 

.row-fluid .blog-subscribenew .field label .hs-form-required {
}

I like to add the input type with the astrix in the placeholder for the field so that people still know what the field wants and that it is required

Trouble with the Curve  Why you need instant feedback.png

0 Upvotes
Ethan_Hawkes
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. 

0 Upvotes