CMS Development

sryv
Mitglied

Hubspot script blocked by Safari, Firefox, Edge and ad-blocker extension

Hey! I'm developing app and need to send information about user using Forms API.

My problem is that hubspot script, which is src="js.hs-scripts.com/{my_hubspot_account_id}", which I connect to my application, works only on Google Chrome, but in browsers with more strict security rules like Safari and Firefox and even Edge this script blocked instantly as page loading, so nothing from those cookies generated.

As well, if Google Chrome user will enable any of ad-blocker extension, this will also block that script.

I read artickles from support here and here, but I think it's not the best solution: pushing user to change security politics in browser or adding my site in white list for ad-blocker extenstion.

Is there is any elegant way to resolve this issue?

0 Upvotes
5 Antworten
Indra
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

Hi @STaruc,

I don't have any experiance with this, but you chould check if an adblocker is on and show a message asking them to disable it.

So there are script that can check adblockers. You could try some of these:

- https://www.detectadblock.com 

https://codepen.io/WebDEasy/pen/dxoaWB 

Hope this is helpfull

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
STaruc
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

User-installed ad blockers aren't affected by CORS policies and it's unhelpful for these labeled partners to vaguely suggest "researching CORS." Ad and script blockers keep a list of known domains that host tracking scripts, like HubSpot's, and block them accordingly.

0 Upvotes
Indra

Hi @sryv,

Like @Mike_Eastwood is telling CORS would be your go to. Unfortunately HubSpot has limited possibilities when it comes to CORS / AJAX requests. I recommend checking the article: Do HubSpot APIs support CORS / AJAX requests?

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

Hi @sryv 

While I haven't solved this issue myself I would research Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).

You may be able to add a policy to allow HubSpot.  

Too many variables to make a sensible guess.

What's your app built in?

Mike

dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

@sryv 

Unfortunately, I believe this is the constant battle between privacy and tracking insights. 

@Mike_Eastwood , @karstenkoehler, @Indra   --> do you all have any effective strategies for dealing with tracking blockers?