CMS Development

michaelawain

Hubspot formatting is overriding custom HTML module in Email Template

Hello, 

Desperately looking for someone who can assist me with an issue I am having with a custom HTML module. When we insert the code, Hubspot formatting is overriding it, causing the email to look disjointed and look different to how it should. I have included examples below of how it should appear (and has been coded to appear like this) and also how hubspot is making it appear. I called hubspot support and they directed me here so I am hoping someone can help..? Thanks in advance!

Header DesignHeader DesignFooter DesignFooter DesignA mockup of how the header and footer would look in an emailA mockup of how the header and footer would look in an emailHow the header and footer are looking at the moment. Both of them are wider than the email itself, they dont sit within the email and the header is being pushed to the left because of Hubspot padding (pre formatted).How the header and footer are looking at the moment. Both of them are wider than the email itself, they dont sit within the email and the header is being pushed to the left because of Hubspot padding (pre formatted).

0 Upvotes
16 Replies 16
rogerwegmann

In the "Design Tools" in template itself add the folling code in "Head and body options" > "Additional <head> markup":

style type="text/css" id="hs-inline-css">
  #headerTable {
    padding: 0 !important;
  }
  #contentCell {
    padding: 0 !important;
  }
</style>

The "!important" does the trick.

NikkiG
Contributor

Following - looking for a solution too. I think I'm in the right place. I'm just trying to place super simple HTML on my blog sidebar template and it's being completely ignored. Here's the code I'm entering. Works perfectly fine everywhere but HS. 

<hr size="3px"; color="bf0a30">

divider html.png

0 Upvotes
Rgagnon

I solved this by going on Upwork to find someone  after asking six Hubspot "Partners" to get on a call with me to resolve.  They all gave me terrible advice and/or never followed up.  Finally I went on Upwork.  I posted it as a job and I got an incredible resource that figured out how to allow me to copy and paste my own source code without any issue. 

She was great so if you want her direct contact (or company contact) from Upwork, let me know.  She knows HS inside out and solved this for me in a day. 

HS could not resolve.  Their "partners" were terrible and everyone else told me it couldn't be done. 

lvcole
Participant

Do you happen to have that contact info for the person on Upwork?

0 Upvotes
Rgagnon

Yes and she was wonderful.  Appears to still be active on Upwork

Mukhwinder K.

Khanna, India

Profile Link:  https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01958da2d2c6fcc455

(must be signed in to Upwork).

0 Upvotes
drong
Contributor

saw that there was a solution for this issue...I read the entire post...what was the solution? 

0 Upvotes
Rgagnon

I hired a resource on Upwork to build a template within Hubspot that allows me to copy and paste my HTML code.  That's after wasting hours on conference calls with Hubspot "Partners" who either told me it couldn't be done or wanted me to invest in a crazy expensive way of doing an API call every time I sent an email. 

If you want the resource name, let me know.  Otherwise, go to Upwork, explain what you're looking for and then give them temporary access to your account to build this. 

It works beautifully, is web responsive, looks good on Outlook. 

josh2
Participant

Please share contact info of Upwork contact

0 Upvotes
Dean-CloudNine

Well, after the length of this thread and considerable distress it's causing, thanks for sharing the fix...

ashleyidesign
Top Contributor | Partner

Hi Michael,

I would move the header/footer modules into the main section of the email template. This usually solves the issue for me in the past.

0 Upvotes
michaelawain

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the tip, I tried this & it works perfectly on a desktop but unfortunately isn't mobile responsive... do you have any insight into how I can make it work on mobile/tablet?

HeaderHeaderBody TextBody TextFooterFooterFooterFooter

0 Upvotes
Rgagnon

I have the same issue and need some help/advice.  I'm trying to change my base email template I use to be mobile responsive.  It's 100% right outside of Hubspot but when the source code is pasted in the system, it goes crazy.  I called support and they told me that every single time I did an email, I had to essentially not just create a new email but create a new template. 

Even that is not 100% effective as the template changes don’t “save” each time and certain Hubspot required elements (address and unsubscribe) don’t hold my edits. It is far too cumbersome for every single email to require a template change as I send out different listings 30 - 40 times a week.

Here's my template.  It has to originate in my own CRM as it's dynamic and depending on the listing number, pulls information from my system.

Does anyone know any way to just wipe out the base code in Hubspot so I can copy and paste my own source code and get the look I want?  Essentially HS code is overriding my own source code. 

Here's how it should look and on a mobile device it comes through beautifully and scales correctly (both android and iphone)

new email template.PNG

However, when I post code in HS and send, I get a mess and the scaling for the phone is lost -- which was the point of the entire project.  See below:

Inside HS.PNG

michaelawain

Hello,

Yes - exactly the same issue with me. My developer wrote code which works absolutely fine outside of Hubspot but once placed in Hubspot (as a seperate custom HTML module in a template) Hubspot seems to insert some layout code which overrides it? He tried adding in extra code to override Hubspot but to no avail. I tried inserting the code in the body of the text itself, and that works fine on desktop but is not mobile responsive. Unfortunately Hubspot suppport couldn't resolve the issue, and directed me here, hoping there is someone out there who can help resolve the issue for us!

franckm

Hi Michael,

I'm facing exactly the same issue on my side.

My Webmaster team created an email using using our framework and I tried to put this into hubspot.

The "preview" and the "oneline version" of the email are perfectly displayed but the email received on all my email client is broken.

I called them(HS) and they have no clue and redirected me here as well.

I tried the same source code with proper email marketing ESP(Salesforce marketing cloud) and everything is working fine on everything(email client and devices)

HAve you been able to solve this?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
michaelawain

Unfortunately, no solution as of yet - incredibly frustrating!

0 Upvotes
ashleyidesign

Hi all,

Unfortunately there's not an easy solution for individual email template issues as they're custom and often built in different ways. I would recommend having your designers build the templates in HubSpot if possible instead of an outside design tool, or work with someone familar with HubSpot to convert your designs into a HubSpot template.

0 Upvotes