CMS Development

MClarke12
Participant

Hubspot Tracking Code adding some new Users but not all

SOLVE

Hi there,

I am trying to debug an issue I'm having with HubSpot tracking forms of an external site,

I notice that 4-5 users are being created every day, however we have 300+ daily visitors to the form so HubSpot is missing the majority.

I have attempted to recreate a record in hubspot myself, and have only been able to recreate the sign up once by disabling tracking prevention in edge and using inconnito mode. No matter what else I do, different browser, device, IP, asking other people, etc, I can't get my details to show up in contacts outside of edge after changing the settings.  However, I can't expect users to change their default settings on their browser.

The hubspot tracking code is present in the code as shown by it working for some users and myself on edge but is there something preventing this from working on most other browsers?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MClarke12 ,

Seems you have a JavaScript generated form, could be that that is a bit too hard for HubSpot to track. In your case, I would advise you to use the Form Submission API to send the data to HubSpot once the form has been submitted.
If you disable 'non-hubspot form tracking', you can use the API to submit the form data to a HubSpot form.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MClarke12 ,

Is the window prompting the user to log into HubSpot? are they being redirected to the frontpage of HubSpot? or your own site?

In the case of the HubSpot page - a login would be necessary - in the case of redirecting to front of your own site - we would need further testing and querying as to what is the exact concern of yours. You can also connect with HubSpot support and share the link or screenshot. 

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
MClarke12
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, no it's not about the logging into HubSpot, the forms should be creating a contact with the information used to sign up, so they can later be emailed about finishing there application process, or updating the existing contact if they decide to come back and finish the process and being able to provide us with analytics too see where most users click off if they put off by certain things such as the price/features etc. But in this case a very small handful of contacts are actually being created by email and it doesn't seem to read any other information from the form inputs other than the email

0 Upvotes
Teun

SOLVE

Hi @MClarke12 ,

How did you place the tracking script? Through code or something like tagmanager?

Do you have a cookie notice that could be blocking some of the functionality?
Could you share the page so we can take a look?

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
MClarke12
Participant

SOLVE

The tracking script was put in the html code I believe, I didn't do it originally, however I can see on the Network tab that the js file with the hubspot id is there so its functioning

https://dashboard.swytch.com/service/register.html

here is the form in particular that should be creating contacts, we have cookie script and I was thinking of moving the script to a tag on there instead, but surely regardless of cookies being accepted or not if a user submits a form such as email it should be collected and creating a form? It's just odd as it's happening for a small handful of users but not for the rest

0 Upvotes
Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MClarke12 ,

Seems you have a JavaScript generated form, could be that that is a bit too hard for HubSpot to track. In your case, I would advise you to use the Form Submission API to send the data to HubSpot once the form has been submitted.
If you disable 'non-hubspot form tracking', you can use the API to submit the form data to a HubSpot form.

0 Upvotes
MClarke12
Participant

SOLVE

Okay so it struggles with tracking it properly! That makes sense, thank you I didn't realise there was this API, I will take a look at implementing this to the form instead, thanks!