CMS Development

ColmK1997
Participant

Hubspot Links Purple instead of blue

SOLVE

Hi, 

I have noticed that all the links on my website that either link to another landing page, anchor link etc have turned the colour purple, please see this page as an example: https://www.privacyengine.io/data-protection-academy

As you can see it makes it harder to read, can someone help me in changing them back their original blue colour (and when you hover over them, orange)?

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @ColmK1997

as @jmclaren said - it's plain CSS stuff. 

I can't see any of those issues(purple links for example) but if you (still) see them, open the CSS file of your theme/template and add this code

a:visited{
STYLING FOR VISITED LINKS (if the user clicks on it and comes back)
}

below

a{
STYLING OF YOUR LINKS
}

but keep in mind that this will set this for all of the links - to be more precise add a custom class to this specific menu/module and modify the code above to this:

.CUSTOM-CLASS a:visited{
STYLING GOES HERE
}

For the "white background in the page-builder" thing: HubSpot doesn't render the stylings correctly sometimes (if it's a quite complex theme or if there are multiple sledgehammer (!important-rule) in the CSS which neutralize each other. 

hope this helps, 

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Anton
Solution
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @ColmK1997

as @jmclaren said - it's plain CSS stuff. 

I can't see any of those issues(purple links for example) but if you (still) see them, open the CSS file of your theme/template and add this code

a:visited{
STYLING FOR VISITED LINKS (if the user clicks on it and comes back)
}

below

a{
STYLING OF YOUR LINKS
}

but keep in mind that this will set this for all of the links - to be more precise add a custom class to this specific menu/module and modify the code above to this:

.CUSTOM-CLASS a:visited{
STYLING GOES HERE
}

For the "white background in the page-builder" thing: HubSpot doesn't render the stylings correctly sometimes (if it's a quite complex theme or if there are multiple sledgehammer (!important-rule) in the CSS which neutralize each other. 

hope this helps, 

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

The links are blue. What you are seeing is the visited state for the links. That happens when you personally have been to the URL that is being linked to. It's an accessibility feature of the web. (not specific to HubSpot)

A developer can use CSS to style the links to any colors you want.

If you don't have a developer you could try reaching out to one of our solutions partners.
https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/solutions/website-development

This particular issue is something that almost any web developer should be able to assist with so you have options.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.

ColmK1997
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, 

thanks for coming back to me.

I have asked a couple of my colleagues what they see and they all see it as Purple links. 

Is there a reason when i go into edit the landing page that the links have been highlighed in white, please see the picture.

ColmK1997_0-1615566136202.png

0 Upvotes
jmclaren
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

It's simply how the CSS for that template was written.

Same situation - a developer should be able to easily change this for you.

Jon McLaren

Sr. CMS Developer Advocate

Get started developing on the HubSpot CMS Developer Changelog
How to optimize your CMS Hub site for speed

If my reply answered your question, please mark it as a solution, to make it easier for others to find.