CMS Development

Jsum
Key Advisor

Hubspot Associations on Custom Objects Not Working?

SOLVE

I'm confused about how this function works:

{% set associated_contacts = crm_associations(2337251, "USER_DEFINED", 355, "limit=100") %} 

I am using an association I defined on the custom object. I got the association ID for the edit URL, the docs say I need to do an api call to get it so maybe I'm not using the right number but I don't think that is the case.

I can use the crm_associations function and get results for all built in objects. When I try to use the associations I made for custom objects to contacts, for instance, the results are always blank. 

If I have a "student" object that I am associating with contacts, the crm_assocations function will not return a list of contacts associated with a student id, or a list of students associated with a contact id. Am I supposed to be able to get a list of custom objects associated to a specific contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The issue is that the only way to get the association ID for a custom crm_assocation is to do an api call. The ID is not in the URL or anywhere listed in the portal. The only way to use a custom association in code is to first request the association details through the api, like in postman, to get the association ID.  I'd like to suggest that a column be added to the dashboard where the associations are listed that show this ID. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The issue is that the only way to get the association ID for a custom crm_assocation is to do an api call. The ID is not in the URL or anywhere listed in the portal. The only way to use a custom association in code is to first request the association details through the api, like in postman, to get the association ID.  I'd like to suggest that a column be added to the dashboard where the associations are listed that show this ID. 

Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

*bump*

As far as I can tell there is a bug with the crm_associations functions that keeps it from working with custom objects. Would appreciate some help...