CMS Development

Gabrisan
Contributor | Diamond Partner

HubDb Multilevel Dynamic Page + Prerender

SOLVE

Hi there!
I hope that someone could help me to understand a situation with prerender and HubDb.

We developed a Multilevel dynamic pages website
3 level with child tables. 

We are trying to improve the perofrmance with the Prerender but it seems that after the first page, the second depth of the child tables we cannot prerender the page. 

We remove every request.query_dict and other unsupported variables.
In the debugOnly we could see this after the first depth level of dynamic page (images attached)

Gabrisan_0-1663347804055.png

There's a way to prerender the dynamic pages?

Thanks in advance 🙂
Gabriele

1 Accepted solution
gsantos1
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@stefen @Gabrisan 

Hi

I contacted the support, and pre-render is disabled for HubDB pages. Here it is:

"We have disabled pre-rendering hubdb dynamic pages because of lagging – hubdb tables with larger number of rows may cause a high volume of pages be re-rendered. We disabled pe-rendering them and disabled serving the pre-rendered content of them before we can get the lagging issue resolved."

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
gsantos1
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

@stefen @Gabrisan 

Hi

I contacted the support, and pre-render is disabled for HubDB pages. Here it is:

"We have disabled pre-rendering hubdb dynamic pages because of lagging – hubdb tables with larger number of rows may cause a high volume of pages be re-rendered. We disabled pe-rendering them and disabled serving the pre-rendered content of them before we can get the lagging issue resolved."

0 Upvotes
Gabrisan

SOLVE

Hi @gsantos1 

Thanks! I didn't see you previous message 🙂
Great to know that! Hope they will fix the lagging problem soon! They say more about it?
They should also be update the documentation because it's a very big problem.

Thanks again! 
Gabri

0 Upvotes
gsantos1
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @Gabrisan 

I mentioned on ticket the lack of information on the docs regarding HubDB and prerendering. I agree, there should be an alert about that, this is hitting hard on performance for dynamic pages.

I'm waiting for a ticket update now, let's see, I will keep you updated here on this topic.

Cheers!

0 Upvotes
Gabrisan

SOLVE

Ciao Jaycee 🙂  Thank you! Wish to resolve this, because almost the whole website was build it with the dynamic pages and we have problem with Core Web Vitals and TTFB!

Gabriele

0 Upvotes
gsantos1
Contributor

SOLVE

Same here.

I ditched other CMS to work with HubCMS and HubDB, the documentation never mentioned pre-render didn't worked with dynamic pages.

Now the whole project is built with HubDB tables, and I'm having problems with core web vitals and TTFB.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Gabrisan 👋 Thanks for reaching out and for including those details. Hey, @DanielSanchez @piersg @stefen, have you tackled a challenge like this in previous client work?

Thank you for taking a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@Gabrisan @Jaycee_Lewis Can't say i've dealt with this before. But if there isn't any official support for this, have you considered using your own bot to load each url every so many hours?

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Upvotes
Gabrisan

SOLVE

Ciao Stefen, thanks for the answer, 
To be honest, I'm a little bit confused, what did you mean with "using your own bot to load each url every so many hours"?

Unfortunately there's no documentation about HubDb and Prerender.
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/developer-reference/cdn/prerendering

For what can I see, it seems that the prerender doesn't work with child tables. (so the second and the third depth of child).

But I cannot find any suggestion 🙂

Gabriele

stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@Gabrisan I'm assuming if you load the page once it should be pre-rendered. So, to automate that you could configure your own crawler to load each page in the hubdb table every so often and they would all be prerendered.

0 Upvotes
Gabrisan

SOLVE

Hi Stefen 🙂

Mmm, you mean to load each sub dynamic page and then check if them are prerentered?
That's work for the same session, second load is much quicly that the first. 
But not for the first load, as if i change browser, the load time is higher.

Insted, the full rendered page (include the first level of dynamic page), is loaded quickly also if I change the browser. 

You can see here.
First level of dynamic page (no advice under the prerender)

Gabrisan_0-1665043157939.png

Child page dynamic (there's also a new advice about the prerender)

Gabrisan_1-1665043262645.png

Im almost sure that the problem is here but still doesn't really understand what do you mean with crawler. May i've miss something 🙂

Thanks again,
Gabri

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@Gabrisan it's a shot in the dark so maybe it still won't prerender. Seems odd that HubSpot wouldn't save the rendered file after it's been compiled though. Have you tried reaching out to support?

0 Upvotes
Gabrisan

SOLVE

Hei Stefen, 
We didn't try, but sure I will 🙂

Gabri

0 Upvotes