CMS Development

AndreasW
メンバー

HubDB help

解決

Hello,

we're migrating a clients' website to HubSpot and would love to get some insight about HubDB.

On the current page, the client has a page that pulls data from a database (you select search queries -> the page shows the results -> click on one of the results to see more info). That's what we'd like to replicate.

I'm not good with APIs and I'm new to HubDB - so I would love to hear what the best approach would be. Is this possible to replicate this with HubDB by importing a CSV file (or whatever format it requires)? Any difficulties? Is there a better way to do it?
The client doesn't yet have the website/HubDB add-on, so before getting it we just need to make sure this is the best way to replicate the functions the current page has.

Thank you for your help!

Best,

Andreas

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
John_Gennell
解決策
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

HubDB help

解決

Hi @AndreasW,

Yes, HubDB would be a good choice for this application. Check out this live example of a page utilizing HubDB -  Real Estate Listing Example. Just like you were describing, this example pulls data from a database (or import data via .csv), you can search and filter, and you can click "Details" which could lead to more information. Check out the step-by-step guide on how to build that example page - Let's Build A Real Estate Listing, using HubDB.

Here is a brief overview - How to use HubDB to build databases. You can manually access the data through HubL and upload manually, but you can also manage your HubDB data externally through the API - HubDB API Overview. Here is an overview of the structure and components of HubDB - HubDB relational data store

As far as other options go, there are not too many. You can go the all-custom route and host all the information on an external data store and use some sort of SQL table to pull in the data. Or you could simply embed your current page as an iframe in a HubSpot page. In the end, I do think that HubDB will be the best option for you.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
rowan-reid
投稿者

HubDB help

解決

Is it possible to specify the meta description (or any meta tags in fact) for dynamic pages created via HubDB dynamic pages?

This official guide :https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/tutorials/how-to-build-dynamic-pages-with-hubdb specifies that the listing and viewing pages are handled by the same template, on which one can specify meta details, but I see no way to specify meta tags specific for each dynamic page.

John_Gennell
解決策
元HubSpot社員
元HubSpot社員

HubDB help

解決

Hi @AndreasW,

Yes, HubDB would be a good choice for this application. Check out this live example of a page utilizing HubDB -  Real Estate Listing Example. Just like you were describing, this example pulls data from a database (or import data via .csv), you can search and filter, and you can click "Details" which could lead to more information. Check out the step-by-step guide on how to build that example page - Let's Build A Real Estate Listing, using HubDB.

Here is a brief overview - How to use HubDB to build databases. You can manually access the data through HubL and upload manually, but you can also manage your HubDB data externally through the API - HubDB API Overview. Here is an overview of the structure and components of HubDB - HubDB relational data store

As far as other options go, there are not too many. You can go the all-custom route and host all the information on an external data store and use some sort of SQL table to pull in the data. Or you could simply embed your current page as an iframe in a HubSpot page. In the end, I do think that HubDB will be the best option for you.

nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

HubDB help

解決

Hi @AndreasW, thansk for your post. 

Looping in @ThomasReitz; Do you have any suggestions here? 

0 いいね!