CMS Development

leckerman
Top Contributor

HubDB Table - Dynamic Link Creation

Does anyone know if a HubDB table marked for "use on dynamic pages" automatically creates dynamic links even for rows where you leave the Page Path (hs_path) column blank? Is that a thing?

The info icon for that column says that the url "must be unique in this table" but it allows me to leave it blank for multiple rows. It appears google is creating dynamic links for all of the rows in my table (even the ones with no dynamic page path) and its using the page title (hs_name) as the dynamic link path instead. Has anyone else experienced this?

The rows with blank Page Paths are hardcoded pages and I have a separate column that includes the hardcoded page url instead. 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

i dont think i does, but i would recommend getting on the hubspot slack group and ask on the hubdb channel.  matt coley, hubspot engineer, is very responsive. (as are most there)

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dennisedson and @leckerman,

Did you get an answer from the slack room? Would love to have it shared here if you have.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
leckerman
Top Contributor

I was told to have google recrawl our site and that should fix it. Not sure how the links ever existed at one point, but was told they should dissapear after a recrawl. Waiting to confirm that is the fix.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@jennysowyrda, @leckerman

I tested and if you remove the page path, it does not create a dynamic page

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

0 Upvotes