CMS Development

StephPF
Participant | Gold Partner

How to track a link on an external website through HubSpot Pro

SOLVE

We are working on a website that is developed in a custom CMS called NetDirector by GForces.

We are about to launch a PPC campaign using the Ads add-on on HubSpot (Pro License) but we are trying to figure out conversion tracking for the campaign.

Currently, there are some trackable links inserted inside specific sections of the website developed on that custom CMS (e.g. the contact page with all the phone numbers), and we have been tracking the clicks on those links to report back on “leads” generated from the PPC campaign.

Is something like this possible in HubSpot at all?

I know we can track conversions based on form submissions, but in this particular case, there is a much higher likelihood that someone will call rather than fill out a form, and because there is no call tracking app on the website, we really need to be tracking how many people have clicked the link to call us.

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@StephPF,

Using Hubspot's call-to-actions should do the trick. You can create them in Hubspot and use the embed code for them on your custom website. That should work even if the links point to third party sites if I'm not mistaken. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jsum
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@StephPF,

Using Hubspot's call-to-actions should do the trick. You can create them in Hubspot and use the embed code for them on your custom website. That should work even if the links point to third party sites if I'm not mistaken. 

StephPF

SOLVE

@Jsum thank you very much. I hadn't thought about using the CTAs as I didn't realise they could be embeded into another website, but I just checked and you are right! The only thing is that we need to be able to track the source of these clicks, to see whether they are coming from PPC or some other source, not only the number, and I don't think you can do that with the calls-to-action, or can you?

Anyhow, thank you for your reply!

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@StephPF,

It doesn't look like it, but i wouldn't claim to be a call-to-action expert. I would consider leaning on google analytics tag manager to get that kind of info if you can.

0 Upvotes
StephPF

SOLVE

@Jsum Thanks, I think that is the only solution actually. I was just hoping there was a way to do it directly through HubSpot or to show this kind of info in the HubSpot portal. Anyhow, thanks again for your help! Very useful.