CMS Development

mehdi

How to show most popular blog from combined multiple blogs?

Consider we have 3 blogs and each of them have hundreds of blog posts. Now we want to show the 2 most popular from all of the combined blogs. This doesn't seem to be possible. Any ideas on this? We prefer not to use web APIs for such a small sorting issue!

Fetching most popular individual blogs works great:

{% set blog1= blog_popular_posts(111111111, limit=3) %}

{% set blog2= blog_popular_posts(222222222, limit=3) %}

{% set blog3= blog_popular_posts(333333333, limit=3) %}

Now we have 3 most popular blogs from each of them. But it is possible that blog1 has the most popular posts of them all.

Now combining them:

{% set allPopularBlogs = (blog1+ blog2+ blog3) | sort(true, false, 'publish_date') %}

But allPopularBlogs will be now sorted on published date. I thought there were a variable for performance views too so I can do this:

allPopularBlogs = (blog1+ blog2+ blog3) | sort(true, false, 'performance_views') 

But there is no such variable called performance_views which I can sort from. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
celenajasmin
Participant

Interested to know if there's a solution to this as well!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mehdi,

Sorry for the delay in reaching out to you! 

Have you tried the steps outlined in this thread?

@tjford and @JagadishINB do you have any suggestions for @mehdi in regards to showing popular blog posts from multiple blogs? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mehdi

Hi @jennysowyrda 

The link you mentioned doesn't combines blog posts. It just uses a single blog post. I couldn't solve this yet.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @mehdi!

Do you have any examples of what you are looking to accomplish from other sources, or links to your current set up?

I want to pull in some subject matter experts to see if they have any thoughts to add: @jonlcrow@COSCOGS do you have any suggestions? I did find this thread with @josephLayden with what could be a workaround or at least a starting point. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Bioclader

We have almost the same issue and your Hubspot blog shows the solution, but we don not know how to set it up:

Your blog consists actually of the Marketing (https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing), Sales (https://blog.hubspot.com/sales) and Service Blog (...), but they have a common landing page (blog.hubspot.com).

How did Hubspot structure their blog to do so? This will answer our problem, but most likely it is the same question asked initially.

0 Upvotes
mehdi

What hubspot has done on their page https://blog.hubspot.com/ is completely different and easily achievable. But we wanted something else. We wanted to combine the many blogs and then show most popular.

0 Upvotes
Bioclader

Can someone explain me how Hubspot setup its different blogs with the Global blog page?

0 Upvotes