CMS Development

costalesja11
Contributor

How to removed hsLang=en from a page url?

SOLVE

Hi All,

Would like to ask for assistance, is there a way to remove the hsLang=en from a page url? 
I've checked the "Enable Language Specific Redirects" from the setting > Domains & URLs > Language Setting and it is disabled but the hsLang=en still shows in the domain url in one of our web pages.

Thank you,
Julie Costales

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
seanf1
Solution

SOLVE

You can find it by going to Settings > Website > Domains & URLs > Language Settings and finding it on the top of the page.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Thank you @seanf1, that was exactly what I needed.

-Mike

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @costalesja11,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you confirm the issue occurs across multiple browsers, after clearing your cache and through an incognito window? 

I also wanted to share this resource which discusses managing multi-language content.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
costalesja11
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Actually Im not sure how to navigate to that URL, it happens that it shows in the list of page that we are having h1 duplicates in the Screaming Frog for SEO, and it happens for only one page. As for the given details from this document, there is no multi language setup or configuration done for the said page that is having issue, that is why I am not sure how did it happen or how it was set up.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
factsetresearch
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue in SEM Rush.  I added URL Parameters in SEM Rush and in Google Search Console to ignore the hsLang parameter, but I want to understand why these pages are being created and how to remove them.

0 Upvotes
david_eic
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi, 

I did this on a site recently, have you checked if you are using any hard coded URLs that still contain the hsLang query string within links on your pages?

When you disable the 'Enable Language Specific Redirects' option HubSpot will remove the query string from dynamic links (things like your menu) but hard coded links will keep the query string until it is manually removed.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

David

mwx_kk
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @david_eic 

where can one disable the 'Enable Language Specific Redirects' option?

0 Upvotes
seanf1
Solution

SOLVE

You can find it by going to Settings > Website > Domains & URLs > Language Settings and finding it on the top of the page.

PBifaro

SOLVE

I'm seeing this on a lot of URLs that have a redirect in place. If I remove this will it cause any problems? Why is this applied on the URL? This is usually in the header of the web pag in an HTML tag.

0 Upvotes
AMartinsPereira

SOLVE

What effect does removing hslang have from an SEO standpoint? My website has many CTA's with this query string attached. There is a redirect in place. However if I remove this setting will the entire redirect be removed so it is a direct link?

0 Upvotes
PBifaro

SOLVE

this is my question as well I am seeing several of these URLs as redirects and want to remove the code snippit but I'm worried there may end up being some 404's

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @PBifaro 

If the page exists then you won't have any issues with 404s.

To double check you can run a few tests.

-Mike

Here to learn more about HubSpot and share my HubSpot Knowledge. I'm the founder of Webalite a HubSpot Partner Agency based in Wellington, New Zealand and the founder of Portal-iQ the world's first automated HubSpot Portal Audit that helps you work smarter with HubSpot.

0 Upvotes