CMS Development

peesen
Colaborador

How to protect / encode email adresses with HubL / HubSpot (Spam Protection)

Hello everyone

I have a HubDB with all my team-members including their email adresses. On a page i quey them all and create a team page. One of the fields i publith for every person is the email-adress. Now in other CMS the email adress was automatically protected for spam-bots looking for email adresses and use them for spam. How can i protect them in HubSpot?

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
Indra
Guía | Partner nivel Elite

We display e-mail adresses without any protection. The only think we don't is share them in a list on a overview page, but only in an detail page.

Another sollution we use is to add a form for people to contact them instead of sharing an email address. This way HubSpot will filter any spam for form submittions. It's also good to enable Google Recapcha for some extra protection.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
Indra

Hi @peesen,

We are happy to help you. If you reply to my previous reply perhaps there is a better answer to your question.

0 Me gusta
peesen
Colaborador

@IndraThanks for trying to help. You mentioned different solutions. How do you handle it in your projects?

0 Me gusta
peesen
Colaborador

Hello eveyone

I would like to get an answer what scripts you use to obfuscate your mail adresses. An email adress is not a secure information that needs to be protected at all cost. I just would like a good and simple answer how you guys are fixing this problem on your website when you create a theme and show a team page.

Thank you so much!

0 Me gusta
Indra

Hi @peesen,

In what way do you want to protect your email address and what did the 'other CMS' do to protect it for spam-bots? 

There are a lot of options to protect an email addres. I found an article about it what you could do and is pretty up-to-date: How to secure an email address on your website

Easy options you could apply to is: Merge your email address by changing the “@” sign to “at” and the “.” sign to “dot.” with the replace filter

But be carefull with the HubDB. Don't just store info in there that you don't want to share in public. It's good to check your HubDB Settings for the permissions.