CMS Development

NOnboarding
Membre | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Membre | Partenaire solutions Platinum

How to learn HubL & HTML/CSS for HubSpot

Résolue

Hello 
I did not learn how to code yet, but somehow a lot of things need to be done in the HTML & CSS Files in HubSpot. 
So I wan't to learn the coding, at the moment I am learning the HTML Basics with the App "Mimo". But  HubL is a bit different, can someone tell me how to learn the best way to understand the HubL coding faster? Or is Mimo fine to start? 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Michael

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Anton
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @NOnboarding

you won't have a good time if you won't invest at least a bit of time into learning Hubl. 

You don't need to go the full-fletch developer route but you should learn at least the basics. 

The approach I always recommend is:

• Pass the CMS for developers certification in the HubSpot academy
  • learn if-statements, loop-logic and the basic functions in the developer-documentation
  • create a CMS Developer sandbox here
  • try things out in your sandbox
  • develop things in sandbox
  • recreate things in production Hub (unless you create a advanced local-dev environment with CLI and GitHub)

Or you can pay somebody to do the dev work for you

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
Anton
Solution

Résolue

Hi @NOnboarding

you won't have a good time if you won't invest at least a bit of time into learning Hubl. 

You don't need to go the full-fletch developer route but you should learn at least the basics. 

The approach I always recommend is:

• Pass the CMS for developers certification in the HubSpot academy
  • learn if-statements, loop-logic and the basic functions in the developer-documentation
  • create a CMS Developer sandbox here
  • try things out in your sandbox
  • develop things in sandbox
  • recreate things in production Hub (unless you create a advanced local-dev environment with CLI and GitHub)

Or you can pay somebody to do the dev work for you

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
MariekeLeadgrow
Participant

Résolue

Just go to udemy, buy a course for 10 dollar and start learning the basics first: html, css, later on javascript and hubl. It will take some time, but you will get there. 

LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

HTML is a markup language and HubL is more of a programming language. They are different. This academy course should get you started, but really at the core, you'd want a programming basics type training. I'd suggest Javascript since you'll most likely run into that when doing web stuff as well. A Javascript course at codeacademy might help. Basic programming principles will help you get HubL.