CMS Development

subin
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

How to increase the speed of the website to get good ranking in Google Speed Insights

Hi fellow developers,  how we can increase the speed of the website to get good ranking in Google Speed Insights, 

On checkup how I can

1. Eliminate render-blocking resources

2. Minimize main-thread work

3. Reduce JavaScript execution time

Can anyone please help me to work on these points, what steps I need to follow to increase my webpage speed. any help would be appreciable.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

How to increase the speed of the website to get good ranking in Google Speed Insights

@subin make sure jquery is being loaded in the footer and the rest of the site's scripts are loaded using the require_js hubl function (this function automatically moves the scripts in the footer below jquery and prevents duplicate scripts from loading).

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
subin

@stefen I have already added in this way. loaded each script on footer and add require_js on the custom modules, is there any other methods to follow??

thanks

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

@subin do the same thing with the CSS files. If the files aren't being minified, check for syntax errors by running the code through a linter. Of course, the best way to make things more performant is to remove code when possible.

subin

@stefen What about the js and css that are loaded on the custom modules? the CSS that loading on the page is minified. is there any other methods to do to increase speed??

Thanks

0 Upvotes
stefen
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

@subin if you put them in the respectice places in the module editor, nothing to do there (besides refactoring your code) since that is taken care of automatically.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @subin,

I wanted to share a few resources with you regarding how HubSpot can assist with these elements: 

1. site speed and performance: what you can do and how HubSpot helps

2. understand page load time for your site

There are also a lot of conversations on the Community regarding this: 

1. How to improve Google page speed with HubSpot CMS

cc @stefen 

2. How to improve poor landing page speed

Thank you,
Jenny