CMS Development

jzimmermann
参加者

How to have videos open in pop-up windows / modal?

Hello! 

I've got a page that is going to house 3-4 demos product videos. Instead of having these video open in a new window I'd love to have them open in a pop-up window, on the same page. In a perfect world, this window would open proportionally in the center of the page. 

I'm looking to determine what the best way to accomplish this would be? My research seems to be pointing me to using some javascript, but unfortunately I'm not very well versed in javascript at all.

I can definitely handle some html/css but am mostly looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction, or even point to similar case and I can likely take it from there. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

0 いいね!
5件の返信
jessebeginbound
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Hi @jzimmermann!

There are some great responses here, but I wanted to let you know that if you are tired of trying to mess with the code, we did build a HubSpot Custom Module that is available in the HubSpot Marketing place that will handle this for you.

The BeginBound YouTube Vimeo Video Popup allows you to use any public YouTube or Vimeo video in it and it will create a nice popup for you. No coding required at all.

It's only $15 and if you want to learn more, check it out on the Marketplace here:

https://marketplace.hubspot.com/products/begin-bound/beginbound-youtube-vimeo-popup

Happy HubSpotting!

Margot
メンバー

I just found this! Does the YouTube video need to be public, or can it be private? I've got videos with proprietary information.

Thanks!

0 いいね!
John
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner
トップ投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Wistia has embed options that might have what you are looking for. This is the only way I'd know how to avoid js.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 3.51.38 PM.png

I like kudos almost as much as cake – a close second.

jzimmermann
参加者

Thanks John. I actually figured out the js portion of this and got the modals working I wanted them to. Unfortunately I'm having some trouble editing changing the background opacity. Check it out the community post I made here if you can help. 

Thanks! 

0 いいね!
gabriel-nextiny
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

HI J,

I would also recommend Wistia, they have a great integration with HubSpot and you can set up the popup feature very easily.

The only problem with popup videos is that usually, Google does not index them in the same way that they do regular embedded videos. 😞

So if you care about SEO, you should keep videos with regular embedding.

I hope this helps.

G