CMS Development

jackjadish
Membre

How to get html content from user in the form submission.

Résolue

I want to show the content with some design, design can be entered in the form field. Ex: I want to show the table design in submitted form resulted mail. I just enter the html code in the form field, based on the html code that should be reflected in the mail or template. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Jsum
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@jackjadish, I don't think you can do that. I would imagine that Hubspot filters out html by default for security reasons, but also I would imagine that the input is cleaned several more time between entry on your page and delivery as an email. There are more steps involved then just those two. 

Depending on what you are trying to do it might be helpful for you to give a file upload module a try. it would allow your users to upload a .html file.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
4 Réponses
Jsum
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@jackjadish, I don't think you can do that. I would imagine that Hubspot filters out html by default for security reasons, but also I would imagine that the input is cleaned several more time between entry on your page and delivery as an email. There are more steps involved then just those two. 

Depending on what you are trying to do it might be helpful for you to give a file upload module a try. it would allow your users to upload a .html file.

0 Votes
jackjadish
Membre

Résolue

@Jsum, I have to send the quote that the user generated in my site to their email Id given in the field.

Do you have any ideas to send. I have tried to send it via html code. Do you have any ideas to attach doc in email automatically?

0 Votes
Jsum
Conseiller clé

Résolue

So:

1. they are filling out a form to recieve a quote?

and

2. you are sending the quote to their email?

Is the quote auto-generated on the site or do you need to calculated it first and then send it?

Either way it seams like you are mixing up feature priorities. You shouldn't be sending your users an email directly from a form on your website, you should be collecting and assigning the info from the form to the user (name, email, quote info, etc.) and compiling it into an email using contact tokens. Then set up a workflow to automatically send the email after the user fills out the form. You'd be able to pull in any information you need to create the quote but you would have full control over the presentation i.e. html and css. 

0 Votes
jackjadish
Membre

Résolue

Yes.

I have already did a functionality in page. Mail will send automatically instead of manually. If they need their quotes to their mail id, so when they can submit the form. I have to send the quote. I don't have a solution to add the attachment. I think that's not possible. Thoughts?

0 Votes