CMS Development

Marius
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

How to customize blog template for homepage

Hi in content manager i can customize post template of the blog but where and how to change the template of the blog? E.g: my blog homepage is: abc.abc-sites.com/blog-test ; the content manager only can change the template of abc.abc-sites.com/blog-test/name-of-the-post not the homepage

Other thing i want to ask is how to customize the module of template and how to upload and include javascript, font file to a template.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
DaniellePeters
Top Contributor

The blog listing page can only be edited on the template level in the Design Manager, not in the content editor.

You can upload javascript and font files using the file manager and then add them to the template via the design manager. 

I'd recommend reading these articles for more detail:

How to Edit Blog Templates

Design Manager User Guide

Uploading Files to the File Manager

Blog Content Markup

donrua
Top Contributor

I'm struggling with this as well. Original developers of site are gone, but '2019' embedded intitle and other places. For example, my blog index page title includes "2019". I need to remove that. I can't find that anywhere in the template via designer tools.
In the hero module, I see this code  <h1>{{ content.name }}</h1>, but where would I modify the content.name for the blog index page. Or should I be looking elsewhere. I looked in settings > blog, but didn't see a place to modify there either.

0 Upvotes