CMS Development

micheleguilford
Participant

How to create pop-up with direct link, not form

Résolue

I'm looking for the abiity to have a lightbox pop up on a page that simply redirects to another page on my site. Heard about a special we have but lost the email with the direct link? Click here and there you are. Seems so much simpler than a form pop-up, but I don't want to use a store template. 

Possible? Not?

-Michele 

1 Solution acceptée
Hubspotlien
Solution
Participant

Résolue

"Instead of full page interstitials, use banners that take up only a small fraction of the screen to grab your users' attention. These can be implemented in various ways. For example, for app install banners, you can use a browser-supported banner, such as Smart App Banners for Safari or in-app install experience for Chrome. Another option is to create a simple HTML banner, similar to a typical small advertisement, that links to the correct app store for download. You can reuse these small containers for other kinds of notifications, such as newsletter sign-up prompts." From Google Developers Portal

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

37 Réponses
alanamcconnell
Participant

Résolue

They have a new beta out that allows this and it works really well! https://share.hsforms.com/1NyNhWt4fRXGJQmG7lWXaeA2hn6i?__hstc=20629287.f7451d6edc63a26b9c702d886838c...

0 Votes
Compuware
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

0 Votes
enkelst
Participant

Résolue

Need this! Come on HubSpot, chop chop.

Hubspotlien
Participant

Résolue

I am also looking for this exact feature!

kchubs
Participant

Résolue

I'm also looking for this. Seems like it would be such a simple add-on.

AlexHutson
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

I'd love this feature to exist too, and to be honest, I think it's pretty shocking that it doesn't exist already.

While I wait for HubSpot to do this, I've been using this free tool for my clients: https://www.addthis.com

Create an account and then add the Link Promotion tool:

Screenshot - 08_08_2019 , 09_41_58.png

Screenshot - 08_08_2019 , 09_42_24.png

Then you just need to design the pop-up which is super-easy and quick.

Once you're happy, embed the code in your HS pages and it'll start working. 

I hope that helps?

Thanks,

Alex

ipowell
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Michele! 

I created a special offer popup using a custom page module... I used a CTA in place of a regular link. 

You can place this code into the HTML + HUBL section:

<div class="modal" style="background: url('{{ module.pop_up_img.src }}'); background-position: center top; background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #fff;">
    <div class="modal-close-outer">
		<div class="modal-close"><i class="fal fa-times-circle"></i></div>
	</div>
  {{ widget.pop_up_text }}
</div>
<div class="modal-mask"></div>

<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    $(document).ready(function () {
        setTimeout(function(){ 
            $(".modal, .modal-mask").fadeIn(); }, {{ widget.modal_delay }});
    });
    $('.modal-close').click(function(){
        $('.modal').hide();
        $('.modal-mask').hide();
    });
});
</script>

And this for the CSS:

.modal {
  display: none;
  position: fixed;
  top: 30px; 
  bottom: 30px; 
  right: 0;
  left: 0;
  margin: 0 auto!important;
  background-color: #fff; 
  max-width: 420px;
  max-height: 38%;
  overflow-y: hidden;
  padding: 80px 60px 80px 65px;
  -webkit-border-radius: 4px;
  -moz-border-radius: 4px;
  border-radius: 4px;
  border: 2px solid #eaeaea;
  z-index: 100;
 }

.modal h3 {
  margin-top: 120px;
}

.modal strong {
  font-weight: 700;
}

.modal-mask {
  display: none;
  z-index: 99;
  height: 100%;
  width: 100%;
  background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.7);
  top: 0;
  left: 0;
}

.modal-close-outer {
  position: absolute;
  right: 45px;
  top: 20px;
}

.modal-close {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: #fff;
  cursor: pointer;
   font-size: 30px;
}

@media (max-width: 767px) {
.modal {max-width: 76%; padding: 30px 7%!important;}
}

And I set up the fields like so:This shows what kind I used.This shows what kind I used.

This is the delay.This is the delay.

And here is the finished product:Green special offer popup. Default type. You can adjust that for whatever you use.Green special offer popup. Default type. You can adjust that for whatever you use.

You may have to adjust the css to fit your styles/etc. Also, I used Font Awesome for the close button. 🙂 

Hope this helps!

str8sports
Participant

Résolue

you need to speak english to me on how to do this......lol!

I would like to do something like this on my site but have no idea what to do.  

Can you help?

0 Votes
Compuware

Résolue

We did a simplified redirect to the landing page which has the entire process (landing page, thank you page, confirmation email) by creating the pop-up form and then in the section where you create the "thank you page" you put a link in there that directs them to the landing page you want to promote. In our initial form that the system requires you to create you can put only 1 field (i.e. email address). We have progressive forms so when they click on the link in the thank you page from the pop-up they do not have to populate additional fields and/or nominal fields - depending on whether they were previously cookied. Not ideal but a workaround PU 4.PNGPU 3.PNGPU 2.PNGPU 1.PNG

mckay
Participant

Résolue

Hubspot is real close with their existing setup and pop up forms. They just need to add some basic and simple functionality. Like adding a HS LP rather than an email. Seems to be an oversight that they would not add that into their form functions. 

str8sports
Participant

Résolue

thanks for the info.

0 Votes
micheleguilford
Participant

Résolue

Thank you SO VERY MUCH. You put a lot of effort into this and I really do appreciate it. However, what I had in mind is something more simple like the lead flow pop-ups, only without the form part. Just click here to go there.

Gah, if you give lessons on coding to this extent, I might sign up! 🙂

Thank you, again,

Michele

ipowell
Contributeur

Résolue

Haha, thank you!

I see what you mean now... I do agree that it would be very beneficial to have the ability to set up a lead flow with a CTA button instead of a form. As of right now, you can only set up the lead flow to redirect to a page once you fill out the a form. It's not possible to create one without a form at the moment - the email adress field is required. However, I think that would be a fantastic addition to the lead flow feature. 🙂 

mckay
Participant

Résolue

This is seems like it would be a basic feature to add on. I too just went to create a pop up and noticed that it defautls ONLY to a form. I would prefer have it go to an exisiting HS LP promo. Definatly would be awesome to have some customization to the CTA.

Compuware

Résolue

Would also be great (perhaps there already is a solution available) if you can use an existing form rather than creating all the details behind a form. For instance...I have an event I want to promote using a pop-up. The page with form and the confirmation email is all in place. Would be great just to direct to that instead of recreating the wheel.

ipowell
Contributeur

Résolue

You could use the Advanced Slide in CTA module in the HubSpot Marketplace. It's free. 

Compuware

Résolue

Thanks. I downloaded the app. While it is a consideration there are limitations. Most importantly with the "native" pop-up form you can apply to multiple pages at at time. 

Also, this application is limited to only HS created landing pages. While the pop-up forms you can direct to a page on your website that isn't necessarily a HS Landing page.

But I can see some use cases where this will be interested to test with. Thanks for the suggestion.

I still hope they provide improvements to the "native" pop-up forms to include the direct connection to Landing Page, forms, emails, CTAs etc.