CMS Development

FKazemi

How to change the Menu Language .

I have a website wich is in two languages. "en and ed"
So when I click on any page in ed language , I want to change the names of menu like Home, Contact Us and so on .
for exampl my current language is English and menu is english.
But when I change the page language in another language, still the Menu is in language. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Anton
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @FKazemi

natürlich kann man das menü übersetzen 😁

But let's keep it in english so everybody can read this

Assuming you've already created multi-language variants of your pages you can follow those steps to translate your menu. Please note that the language switcher will appear only on pages that have a published translation

• open the navigation editor (settings -> Website -> Navigations menus)
  • Click on "more" and select "clone"
  • Rename it to something you can easily understand. I'm building my naming convention something like this "EN | Main Menu" and "DE | Main Menu" but  - it's completly up to you
  • Replace the Label(left column) with the according translation and the link(right column) with the translated page(make sure to select the right one)
  • Publish this menu
  • Open any page in the page-editor (Marketing -> Websites/Landing pages...) or via the design-tools(Marketing -> Files & Templates -> Design-Tools; not recommended if you're not familiar with code) and click on the header(I'm assuming you want to translate the header menu). A pop-up window will inform you that this is a global content partial. 
  • Go to the global content editor(orange button in the pop-up)
  • Click on the globe icon in the top left corner below the "back to page editor" button and add a new multi-language variant. Note: If your pages are in german as default create only an english translation. Important: select the exact same language you've translated the pages. So if you have translated your pages in "English" select "English" if you have created translations for "English-United States" select "English-United States". Otherwise the language-switcher won't work
  • Once you have created the multi-language variant of the global element click on the menu and select the newly created menu. So if you have created an "English" tranlation, select the "EN | Main Menu" in the just created multi-language variant. Also double-check if the german variant has the german menu
  • Publish 
  • Done

hope this helps

best, 

Anton

Anton Bujanowski Signature
0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @FKazemi 👋. Can you provide any addition details about your set-up? And the specific method you are currently using? Also, have you already looked at this post from our Community Champion @Anton

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
FKazemi

HI @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Thanks for replying. 

Acctually I did not any specific set-up, I just create a Menu [Germany].
here is my link: https://6979396.hs-sites.com/de/tseba
In default the Menu is in Germany. So when I change the language the web site to english I want change the menu from germany to english.
Is there any way to implement this ? 

0 Upvotes