CMS Development

tofikMahdi

How to allow featured posts to remain the same for all pages

SOLVE

I have a listing page with pagination showing 10 posts per page. Within the listing page is a featured section that shows featured posts. Before adding the 10 post limit, there were 8 posts on the section, now there are only 6. I believe the reason is because the featured posts are only showing the blog posts on page 1 while the 2 missing posts are displayed on page 2. Is there a way to make the featured section the same for all pages regardless of post limit?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@tofikMahdi I'd recommend using a separate post query for the featured posts section instead of including it in the main blog post query.

You could use the blog_popular_posts HubL function to get your 10 (or however many) posts for example. That way the main blog pagination won't affect the featured post section.

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
stefen
Solution
Key Advisor | Partner
Key Advisor | Partner

SOLVE

@tofikMahdi I'd recommend using a separate post query for the featured posts section instead of including it in the main blog post query.

You could use the blog_popular_posts HubL function to get your 10 (or however many) posts for example. That way the main blog pagination won't affect the featured post section.

Stefen Phelps, Community Champion, Kelp Web Developer
0 Upvotes