How to allow featured posts to remain the same for all pages

SOLVE
Highlighted
Visitor

I have a listing page with pagination showing 10 posts per page. Within the listing page is a featured section that shows featured posts. Before adding the 10 post limit, there were 8 posts on the section, now there are only 6. I believe the reason is because the featured posts are only showing the blog posts on page 1 while the 2 missing posts are displayed on page 2. Is there a way to make the featured section the same for all pages regardless of post limit?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Advisor

@tofikMahdi I'd recommend using a separate post query for the featured posts section instead of including it in the main blog post query.

You could use the blog_popular_posts HubL function to get your 10 (or however many) posts for example. That way the main blog pagination won't affect the featured post section.

--
Stefen Phelps
Web Developer / Co-founder
Kelp Creative Agency
Twitter — @stefen
0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Advisor

@tofikMahdi I'd recommend using a separate post query for the featured posts section instead of including it in the main blog post query.

You could use the blog_popular_posts HubL function to get your 10 (or however many) posts for example. That way the main blog pagination won't affect the featured post section.

--
Stefen Phelps
Web Developer / Co-founder
Kelp Creative Agency
Twitter — @stefen
0 Upvotes