CMS Development

katepaulson

How to add space in between social icons

I changed my "follow me" module to have our custom social icons which worked great, but they are too close together and don't have any space in between them (see screenshot below). Could someone please tell me how to add space between the icons?

I found this thread but don't exactly understand how to "wrap the icons in a container" or where I would be pasting that code. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Content-Design-Questions/Customized-Social-Media-Module-no-space-be...Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 2.45.26 PM.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jzilch
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, 

The follow me modules shouldn't already have a container around them so there might not be a need to wrap them in extra markup but rather just add some additional CSS. Do you have a link to the page that I can take a look to see how this could be implemented?

0 Upvotes
katepaulson

0 Upvotes
jzilch
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

In the Newsletter - Follow me module you can add inline styling onto the span tag and add additional margin to the left and right of the <span> tag that where you're adding the background image. If you add margin: 0 3px; to the inline styling this will seperate the modules between eachother. I attached a screenshot here. 

Screenshot at Nov 27 17-50-08.png

0 Upvotes