CMS Development

WhiteRabit
Participant

How to add css to form when embeded in SquareSpace page

I have pulled an embedded form into my squarespace page both styled and unstyled the issue is that squarespaces globle css (the only think you can access) is not affecting the embedded form at all.

How can I edit the form CSS from HubSpot side. I have looked via the FTP and can't find anything and inside the design manager but no luck.

Has any one got any ideas.

Thanks

Gem

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
lscanlan
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi Gem,

It could be that your HubSpot form is loading in an iframe, which is why your stylesheet would have any control over the styling. I'm happy to take a look if you want to link me to the form?

We do also have this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/how-do-i-style-my-embedded-form, which should explain the form themes available in the form builder, vs. using an unstyled form where you can add custom styling.

Let me know if this helps.

- Leland

Leland Scanlan

HubSpot Developer Support
0 Upvotes
WhiteRabit
Participant

Hi Leland,

Thank you for getting back to me. I read that artical and that is how I found how to turn of styles. I am using the code provided by the HubSpot form to place it on my SquareSpace page.

The most frustrating thing is in developer tools I can change the css as I wish but when I place the CSS on my global style sheet inside SquareSpace the form does not see it even if I have called in an unstyled form from HubSpot.

Is there a way to put a style sheet inside HubSpot that would infulence the form?

Thanks

Gem

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@WhiteRabit ,would you happen to have a link to the page with the form on it?

0 Upvotes