CMS Development

Hannah1
Contributor

How should we hire a web developer to work on our HubSpot website?

SOLVE

We are in the process of hiring a designer for our website, and I was wondering what people typically do to give Hubspot access? Is there a way we can just give design access and not access to all of our metrics?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Hannah, 

I usually recommend that clients look at the User Permissions Guide, you can pretty much determine access for each tool: set Contacts access to only be their own, disable Reporting... etc.

For templates they mostly need "Edit code templates & modules" under Marketing but, depending on what type of work they're doing, they may need additional access. For example, sometimes I'll need Call-to-Action or Form publishing access if they want new CTAs/forms in their template, Blog publishing access if they need me to migrate a blog, Content Settings access to update blog templates or change email colours/padding... etc.

I hope that helps!

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Hannah, 

I usually recommend that clients look at the User Permissions Guide, you can pretty much determine access for each tool: set Contacts access to only be their own, disable Reporting... etc.

For templates they mostly need "Edit code templates & modules" under Marketing but, depending on what type of work they're doing, they may need additional access. For example, sometimes I'll need Call-to-Action or Form publishing access if they want new CTAs/forms in their template, Blog publishing access if they need me to migrate a blog, Content Settings access to update blog templates or change email colours/padding... etc.

I hope that helps!

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

Hannah1
Contributor

SOLVE

Very helpful, thank you! 

0 Upvotes