CMS Development

Hawk-Steve
Top colaborador(a)

How responsive is smart content?

resolver

Hey all

I am curious to see how responsive smart content/modules are in Hubspot.

For example:

Someone clicks on a CTA linking to another page, is the system fast enough to qualify them for a list and set the smart modules for them when that linked page loads?

A further question would be is it possible to change smart content instantaneously on the current page should the visitor qualify? I quite like the idea of having a toggle switch at the top of the screen meant for 2 audiences

"I am a B2C persona" or "I am a B2B persona"

The result being the smart modules for of the rest of the page changes to speak to persona1 or persona2.

Steve

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Yoshi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @Hawk-Steve,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot! 

It is very useful! 

As of now, we have 6 criteria for smart content and we are not able to differentiate content based on the site path. 

The workaround I can think of is creating two different content for B2B and B2C instead of using the smart content. 

プロフェッショナルサービス

栁澤啓明|シニアテクニカルコンサルタント

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @Hawk-Steve

In my experience, HubSpot needs a few seconds to get the information from the website page, to the contact record, and then back to the website page (to inform future page showings). One way to handle this (a very basic holding technique) is to redirect contacts to a middle page before navigating them to the final destination so that HubSpot has time to populate the necessary information. 

@Yoshi you may be able to speak better to this than myself. Do you have any input here? 

Thanks,
Jenny

Yoshi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

In regards to how responsive smart content/module in HubSpot, I do not have an exact timing. 

The workaround that @Atsushi shared me with was creating a page with meta refresh that can create an instant client-side redirect (see here:https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20161007/H76.html) 

This way, the user can set up the page structure as below: 

Page with CTA/form >> redirect to page with auto-redirect and make the visitor stay that page for 5 seconds>>redirect to the destination page with smart content. 

This way, the HubSpot tool has enough time to update contact records and it can display the contact information. 

I made a test page here (http://yyanagisawa-2426545.hs-sites.com/meta-refresh-demo-landing-page), and feel free to test it out! 

プロフェッショナルサービス

栁澤啓明|シニアテクニカルコンサルタント

Hawk-Steve
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks for the break-down and some interesting ideas. While thinking about this further I realise that I may not be able to achieve my desired results for smart content anyway. Since the smart content would be targeting mostly first-time visitors without existing as a contact yet.

Site map.PNG

As seen in the image, the Short Courses Page takes in B2B and B2C visitors, my original idea was that this page's content changes based on the previous page visited. So a CTA could look like "Find training for my team" or "Find training for me" as an example. Although as the only content basis is Country, Device, Language, Lifecycle, List and Source I think I may be out of luck!

0 Avaliação positiva
Yoshi
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @Hawk-Steve,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot! 

It is very useful! 

As of now, we have 6 criteria for smart content and we are not able to differentiate content based on the site path. 

The workaround I can think of is creating two different content for B2B and B2C instead of using the smart content. 

プロフェッショナルサービス

栁澤啓明|シニアテクニカルコンサルタント