Tickets & Conversations

doter
Participant

How does the "Available" status get determined in an inbox?

I have read the doc Manage your team's availability and it seems like the verification of status is a manual process. Please tell me that there's some algorithm that either tracks team member's last active interaction with hubspot, when they switch tabs, or when the window holding hubspot is no longer visible. 
I am setting up chatflows and I would like to implement the "Send to team member" action but it's flawed in that at any given time (given my current understanding) all team members can be away from their desk but since they did not manually set themselves to "You're Away" then the bot will transfer the chat to anyone who is "Available". Now the customer is stuck in a chat with no active team member. If they receieve no response they will leave and lead us TO LOSE OUT on a customer. 

Am I understanding the process of how hubspot implements "Available" status? I do not want someone's job to literally be toggling people "Active" and "Not Active" so no I do not want to be referred to the super admin tool that does so.

4 Replies 4
DNichols
Participant

We are struggling with this as well.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @doter,

Thank you for reaching out!

The availability needs to be manually set each time.

However, you are able to set the chat channel availability to be on and off during certain hours. This help article goes into further detail on how to configure chat channel availability. 

I would highly recommend you to please post these product suggestions on the ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
DChaloux
Participant

Hi! I'd like to provide a use case.

We want to provide live chat, but it is not the priority of any of our team members. We're a small startup with only a few people who can answer the chat. It would be amazing to have this automatically synced with your calendar availability. That way, you can establish working hours in your calendar and also not have to worry about toggling it on and off.

Manually setting availability each day is just not feasible when it is not our main priority, especially since we primarily answer the chat via Slack and not in HubSpot (and thus cannot toggle availability). This is a major issue for startups who want to provide chat as a channel for folks.

doter
Participant

Yes I know about that feature and it's not what I'm looking for, but thanks for reaching out.