CMS Development

Evergreen

How do you stage a footer and Header with the menu?

I am working on a website redesign and was wondering how I change the header and footer of the new template?

Thanks!

Keeley

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jsum
Key Advisor

How do you stage a footer and Header with the menu?

@Evergreen,

I am assuming based on your last question that you are custom coding this new template. 

As of the change to global content it is now a little iratating to make new global content. The easiest way I have found is to create a template builder page template (I call my site_globals). Delete all of the moduels in the template. Add a custom HTML module and paste your header here. Add another for the footer and do the same. You can use HubL in the custom HTML module but you cannot make a custom HubL module global so just use the HTML.

In the gear icon for each module find make global. Name them and save. Now in your design manger, on the left sidebar menu, find global content. Find you global modules click into them and a code editor will open. click actions in the top left and choose "get identifier". This will give you a piece of code you can paste in your templates. 

{% global_module "2017_site_footer_22" %}

I like to add no_wrapper=True to mine:

{% global_module "2017_site_footer_22"  no_wrapper=True %}

If you are just using the template builder you would create the global modules the same but you only have to find them in the left side bar and drag them onto the template. 

0 Upvotes